Which LEDs and where to buy

Hi all I'm looking at buy more led lights for next year. Just wondering where other members buy their LEDs form. How will i know that they are good quality, or would others recommend going to rgb? How do you power these, and what is easier to program with light o Rama? thanks any help is greatly appreciatied and also which lights to stay away fro
Thanks

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
A lot of people are making the move to RGB lighting and there is more and more choice always coming onto the market. RGB allows you to use colour as another element and appears to be the future of seasonal lighting due to its flexability.

Refer to the ACL 101 lighting manual to help you understand some of your RGB lighting and control options

DougieB

Full time elf
As Eddie said a lot of the folks here are going to RGB/Pixel type lights and the majority of us use Ray Wu

For mono colour LED's some buy BigW/Kmart/Bunnings lights and modify them to use with the controllers

A lot (me included) have also purchased mono colour LEDs from Kelly at My Solar LED. They are very LED and extremly well priced if you buy in bulk. My order last year worked out at $7.50 per set, including postage, for 50 strings of 120 red LEDs per string and 50 strings of green LEDs per string all with 100mm spacings.