Who ordered the 12VDC 2811 Technicolor pixels from Wu?

zman

Full time elf
Guys, if any of you ordered these can you send me an IM or email. I am gathering info to get to Ray, there seems to be a problem with the design in these things. I have failures all over the place in the order I placed with him.

Thanks.

Dave H

Apprentice elf
zman said:
Guys, if any of you ordered these can you send me an IM or email. I am gathering info to get to Ray, there seems to be a problem with the design in these things. I have failures all over the place in the order I placed with him.

Thanks.

Mark,

Did you have issues with the Tech-Color pixels??

jediknight2

Full time elf
Mine were all fine..tested them multiple times...tested on the bench and on the house over the last couple of weeks. Go out last night and POW...pixels going out everywhere. Replaced 8-10 today...still have a few more causing issues...

dannyp

Full time elf
I have 2000 in a matrix and have all sorts of problems, some of which may be data related. But as soon as I turn on the PS some start flashing blue, others are white. When I run the show, I have i whole string that doesn't light up, 2 strings which partly light up and others that just flicker. I have checked grounds and changed data speeds and cant work it out. Before I put the matrix up I had some pixels that I cut out and replaced, but I still cant work out if its a quality issue or just my setup.

Cheers

jediknight2

Full time elf
Luckily I ran half my peak with my old 2801's..I have an extra string that I am going to put up on the front of the house that has the technicolor pixels..don't have enough to do the roof outline...but having the front done will be better than nothing at this point...trying to salvage my show however I can...