Who sells larger 'hook heads' for top of Mega tree?

Greg.Ca

Apprentice elf
I am looking to purchase a new hook head for 1 1/4 threaded steel pipe. I need to have 24 hook heads for my 180 degree mega tree. In the past I purchased hook heads at Christmaslightshow.com but now I need a hook head that is more 'dense' with hooks closer together.

My initial plan is to only have a 180 degree megatree but to have 24 5 meter strips attached to it. Is there somebody or company that has a sturdy hook head that I can purchase that will allow me to hook 24 strips in only 180 degrees??

These flex strips will be attached to 1/2 inch emt pipe so these 'pipes' will be hung from the hook head on the top of the megatree. Ideas? --Greg--

I need a larger hook head. Any ideas?? --Greg--

barbotte

Apprentice elf
WEll the way i am doing mine is reverse .. the top will be just a big ring and each on my emt pipe will have a piece a wood inside the end with a hook to it so i can hook them up to the big ring on top ,,, that way they will be very close together ....i think it will be easier then trying to find the perfect space hook .. cheer

Greg.Ca

Apprentice elf
barbotte said:
WEll the way i am doing mine is reverse .. the top will be just a big ring and each on my emt pipe will have a piece a wood inside the end with a hook to it so i can hook them up to the big ring on top ,,, that way they will be very close together ....i think it will be easier then trying to find the perfect space hook .. cheer

Don't want to do a big ring on top of the tree. If it is windy, there will be more of a likelihood that the rods (emt pipe) attached to this 'ring' will move and sway in the wind. I think that it is important that both the top AND the bottom of the megatree be 'fixed' and not move. I plan on having as 'tight' as possible RGB tree for text, pictures, and animations. If I can get these emt 'pipes' as close as possible, there will be a more spectacular RGB megatree.

The top of the megatree (hook head) should accomodate all 24 hooks(180 degrees) or 48 hooks (360 degrees) without moving in the wind or sliding on a ring. Each emt pipe needs it's own hook to securely hold it in place.

Just my opinion. --Greg--

dariansdad

New elf
http://www.magicchristmasnews.org/magic_christmas_news_003.htm

Take a look at this. The color motion tree that Walter built I believe is what your looking for

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Greg.Ca said:
barbotte said:

Don't want to do a big ring on top of the tree. If it is windy, there will be more of a likelihood that the rods (emt pipe) attached to this 'ring' will move and sway in the wind. I think that it is important that both the top AND the bottom of the megatree be 'fixed' and not move. I plan on having as 'tight' as possible RGB tree for text, pictures, and animations. If I can get these emt 'pipes' as close as possible, there will be a more spectacular RGB megatree.

The top of the megatree (hook head) should accomodate all 24 hooks(180 degrees) or 48 hooks (360 degrees) without moving in the wind or sliding on a ring. Each emt pipe needs it's own hook to securely hold it in place.

Just my opinion. --Greg--

Hi Greg;

I also wanted the topper as small as possible. I made mine 12" in diameter and it can hold 32 poles. I staggered the eye bolts. The emt pipes are nearly touching.

Here was an earlier post

I have been asked by a few eople how i built my megatree.

I used 3" abs plastic for the base and pole. I have 60 smart rgb nodes in the coro star on top.
I attached my 20 x 120 flex strips to 1/2" emt pipe. I drove a 3" oak dowel into each end of the emt. On the bottom i screwed eye bolts. On the top i screwed in eye hooks.

I recorded two videos describing the tree.

This week we had 50 mph winds and the tree didnt move at all. We will see if i get higher winds. For now, i am happy it all came out.

i like the fact that i can easily (less than 30 seconds) remove any segment from the tree if i have to repair any bad pixels.

Here are links to two videos

15' Megatree made from 3" ABS plastic
00124 1

thanks
sean