Whole House Model - Unable to move some models

Habbosrus

Back again
I need help. I made a whole house model which seems to work well. However, I have 2 models which are at the top of my preview. I am unable to move them up any higher (or move them at all now). I had been moving them toward the top of my preview when I went off screen with my pointer/cursor/mouse. Now I can't move them at all. The point with which the elements/models are moved is well above the actual model/element itself. Are there any tricks to being able to move these? I have attached a picture showing the models/elements (stars) I wish to move. You can see that they are not right at the top of the preview screen, yet I am unable to move them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Whole House Model XlightsNC showing stars.jpg
    Whole House Model XlightsNC showing stars.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 22

Habbosrus

Back again
mararunr said:
Have you tried adjusting the size slider on the left? Sometimes that helps when I'm having trouble with models.
Yeah, I've tried the slider, preview size, clicking in different places on the preview, but so far nothing is working. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep trying.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
make sure your display size is not too large, this is a bug that causes selection problems.
i use 1200x800 as resolution.

if you open the xlights_rgbeffects.xml file and go to the model you want to move

Example: xlights_rgbeffects.xml, look for
offsetXpct="0.4937"
offsetYpct="0.6177"
This indicates the ecnter of this model will be drawn 49% in the x direction and 61.7% in the right. bottom left corner is 0,0

just edit these two values to be 0.0,0.5 and the object will be centered dead in the middle of the preview screen.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xrgb>
<models>
<model name="Soffits" DisplayAs="Single Line" StringType="BGR Nodes" parm1="1" parm2="194" parm3="1" StartChannel="663" StartSide="B" Dir="R" Antialias="0" ModelBrightness="0" MyDisplay="1" offsetXpct="0.4937" offsetYpct="0.6177" PreviewScale="0.5600" PreviewRotation="0" versionNumber="1"/>

Habbosrus

Back again
smeighan said:
make sure your display size is not too large, this is a bug that causes selection problems.
i use 1200x800 as resolution.

if you open the xlights_rgbeffects.xml file and go to the model you want to move

Example: xlights_rgbeffects.xml, look for
offsetXpct="0.4937"
offsetYpct="0.6177"
This indicates the ecnter of this model will be drawn 49% in the x direction and 61.7% in the y direction. bottom left corner is 0,0

just edit these two values to be 0.0,0.5 and the object will be centered dead in the middle of the preview screen.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xrgb>
<models>
<model name="Soffits" DisplayAs="Single Line" StringType="BGR Nodes" parm1="1" parm2="194" parm3="1" StartChannel="663" StartSide="B" Dir="R" Antialias="0" ModelBrightness="0" MyDisplay="1" offsetXpct="0.4937" offsetYpct="0.6177" PreviewScale="0.5600" PreviewRotation="0" versionNumber="1"/>
Thanks Sean, I'll give it a go this evening.

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
I have the same issue, regardless of how I edit the file...some of them I can move, others I can not

Works best in 640x480

-Blu