Why is HLS crashing?

roo

Full time elf
Im trying to add a mp3 to a sequence on a windows 8 machine and HLS keeps crashing on me?

Habbosrus

Back again
Hey Roo, can you give some more detail? What steps have you taken so far? List the steps and what is happening when you get the error. I'll be offline throughout the day as I'm attending a very special award ceremony in Sydney for my son. I can help out a little later today.

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
try converting the file into a .wav file at cd stereo quality. All mp3's are not created equal but a .wav file will not give you any trouble.
John

roo

Full time elf
Ok thanks John that worked. Is there a tutor for beginners starting off with HLS?

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
No problem. Joe has some very good tutorials on how to get started in the forums at diyc. A lot of them are rather dated, but the information is all there. Look for the latest "getting started" video it is pretty good but the older ones have a lot of good info as well. Once you get over the first learning curve, it goes very fast. Hope that helps.
John

Boof63

Senior elf
also on johsn download site is the Umarg,.pdf and wiki for using HLS, some of its out of date but the gist of "how to use HLS " is till current.
Cheers , if any question post'em up, us HLS users are happy to help out.
Boof63