Window Outlines

jediknight2

Full time elf
I am going to be adding window outlines to my show this year and was wondering how people get them around the window. I have vinyl siding and windows. My plan though incorporates a few elements though. I plan to run maybe strips around the window then run to some pixels that outline my wreaths.
Are you guys sticking them to the vinyl or using clips?
Also, has anyone tried to mix pixels and strips on the same line and what did you find? Basically like this

2811Strip__________________2811Pixels_______________2811Strip

mborg10

Michael Borg
I know some of the guys attach clips to the window frame. They stick the strip to conduit to get a nice straight line then zip tie the conduit to the clips stuck to window frame.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
mixing the strip and string is not an issue. You can setup and colour order differences either through the controller (assuming your using a J1Sys product) or through your software of choice.

As for attaching around windows. Yep some people use clips, others use zip tie mounts, some just use packing tape. I will be using zip tie mounts, attaching my strip to some 25mm conduit with zipties, then attaching the conduit to the zip tie mounts. Makes for straighter lines and easy setup / pull down. All the work can be done in the garage prior to putting the display out complete.