3.x Windows 10 Vixen 3.3 Open DMX not working

aarondwyer

New elf
Hi guys

I've setup my display again after not doing so last 2 years, and have some trouble getting Vixen 3 to communicate with my Open DMX adapter. ( https://www.audiovisualdevices.com.au/viewprod.php?productid=USB485RJ-ISO )

I'm using Windows 10. Vixen 2 works, so I'm running my display with that for now. Very glad about that.

Really would like to use Vixen 3.

I'm thinking it's a windows 10 driver permissions issue.

I've tried uninstalling the drivers, and reinstalling them.

There is no transmit or receive on the USB485RJ device so windows 10 is just not letting the data through.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Aaron

Kitman

Full time elf
So Vixen 3.3 is not working on the Windows 10 machine but Vixen 2 is working on the windows 10 PC?

If Vixen 2 is working on the windows 10 machine then it isn't a driver issue. If it was a driver issue then neither would work.

If Vixen 2 is working on the Windows 10 machine but Vixen 3.3 isn't then I would suggest you have chosen the incorrect controller type in your display set up, perhaps try a different controller type to see if you get little lights blinking or data coming through the USB485RJ device and then bingo we have a weiner.

That's all I can think of based on the info supplied :)

aarondwyer

New elf
Thanks for the response.

Yep same windows 10 machine.

Vixen 2 works, Vixen 3.3 doesn't.

Must be the .net controls in Vixen 3.3. Even running Vixen 3.3 as administrator doesn't help.

Aaron

Kitman

Full time elf
Can't be a driver issue that's causing it to not work, has to be something within Vixen that is not sending the data out. All I can think is you could try a different controller type to see if that will have it output something to the device you have.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the device so can't really provide any further suggestions, but perhaps David might be able to give some suggestions when he is next online.

aarondwyer

New elf
Thought I would report back that I found the issue.

Vixen 64 bit doesn't work with the FTDI drivers (which could be 32bit) under newer version of windows (windows 8 or higher)

Vixen 32 bit works perfectly.