Windows updated last night and now I have nothing

Someone please help!
Windows did an overnight update last night and today when I got on my computer and turned on X lights all of my stuff is gone. I’m talking everything my controllers, my layout, sequences, everything. If anybody else has had this issue, please help me find this stuff. I was planning on doing a September 11 show for Patriots’ Day and I was work on my last piece and get it going and I have no idea where my stuff is at. What freaked me out is when I opened xlights and it said select a show directory. That’s when my heart skipped a beat.Lol

This is off Microsoft Site
Good Luck

Use File History or Backup: If you had File History or a backup system enabled, you might be able to restore your files from there. Go to Control Panel > File History or use the backup software you were using.

- Check the Windows.old folder. If you have upgraded to a new version of Windows, your old files may be stored in a folder called Windows.old on your C drive. You can open this folder and look for your files in the Users subfolder.

- Use a file recovery software. If you cannot find your files in any of the above methods, you may need to use a file recovery software to scan your disk and try to restore your files.

- Use a backup or restore point. If you have created a backup of your files before the update, or if you have enabled the File History or Backup and Restore features in Windows, you may be able to restore your files from a previous version. You can access these options from the Settings > Update and security > Backup, or from the Control Panel > System and Security > Backup and Restore.

Regarding the issue with setting up a new user account, if clicking "Add account" doesn't work, try creating a new account through Safe Mode:

Go to the xLights Zoom room to see if they can help you out. There are a few things I can think of but it it's easier to investigate with a hands on approach.

Add a program called Everything from https://www.voidtools.com/en-us/support/everything/ . It's a search/index program. After it's run and indexed do a search for xlights or xlights_networks.xml . If they haven't been deleted they will be found easily. If they have been deleted then it gets harder.

Thank you for the help. I was able to go to a XLights backup before the update and got at least my layout but still have not gotten my 3d image of my house back yet.

Back