Wire for aux dc power

chicken

Apprentice elf
I am just about to place a large order with ray for technicolor pixels to outline my house and my parents large setup. With some of the runs I am going to have to feed additional dc power in to make sure the voltage does not drop. I wanted to see what gauge wire others were using for additional power feeds like this and what type of wire. Since some of my runs may be 75+ feet I was thinking of going with 14 gauge wire and it looks like the cheapest option is ebay 14 gauge speaker wire. Any thoughts about using speaker wire? Thanks

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
All I have ever used is the 4 core 12/020 cable (equivalent to 21 gauge) bought from EBay but that has been with mainly 12vdc lighting. When I use this cable for power injection I then double up the cores to reduce voltage drop so I have 2 cores for +v and 2 cores for ground.
But as bird suggested you can refer to page 43 of the ACL 101 manual to work out what is an acceptable voltage drop you could manage.

Speaker wire will do the trick as well

chicken

Apprentice elf
Thanks guys. Found 12 gauge black speaker wire on ebay for $50 shipped for 250'. Seemed like the safest bet and insurance to make sure everything works well. Just ordered 2500 technicolor pixels from ray so looking forward to converting my place and parents place to rgb outlined this year. I'll start a thread once we get things setup. Thanks again