Wireless pixel controllers

nato595

Let's do this!
Sorry if a duplicate post, but I couldn't find any that were recent anyway.

Looking for some advice in transitioning some ethernet cables to wireless in a few areas of my property. Currently running an E1.31 network out of LOR and have roughly 20 controllers; J1Sys ECG-P, AlphaPix, and a few 27 channel DMX controllers. All pixels are WS2811 12V.
Looking to either drive pixels directly with wifi controllers, and/or setup wireless points to kill the cables from the network switch to the pixel controllers.

First question, which is 'better' a wireless bridge from the switch to each existing pixel controller, or an actual wifi pixel driver?
I've seen SmartShow products online and the ESPixelStick, but just not sure what is the best solution for me. I was going to order an ESPixelStick to play with but the ForkInEye website says they can only be purchased on Amazon, and the Amazon listing says Out Of Stock with no anticipated date of availability.
Any recommendations or advice is much appreciated.

marmalade

cats & pixels
danv here sells his version called the wixel https://shop.vizztech.com.au

I'm using both the original and dans version, and with a tplink WAP they are performing flawlessly. My whole show is running off them this year but will move to a hardwired setup next year as it grows larger.

Downside is, you need to make your wifi network stealthy enough that visitors don't clue on and start trying to hack in or do various wifi attacks on it..which can be circumvented somewhat with the right router/wap.