Wiring diagrams

Markupde

New elf
Hello,
I'm going to do my first pixel display this year and am just curious if anyone can provide some basic wiring diagrams of their setups. I'm not sure how to wire everything. I'm starting with just the house this year with details to follow.
1. 2-story house
2. Controls will be in garage, right most part of house with 2 peaks on 1st level(12' gapping between) probable 80' of light coverage.
3. Upper level has about 100' light coverage with roughly 30' gap to start point.

Looking to use 5V lights, 50A power supply and Falcon F16 controller. Not sure what to bridge gaps or run injection with.

Looking for some more defined wiring diagrams to help understand how these projects run as a whole(visual person).

Thank you in advance.

Katekate

Senior elf
so you hook the power supply to the falcon, and then the pixels to the falcon.

and then you power inject where you need.

You aren't going to find anything more specific to that because it changes for every setup.

Robbo

Full time elf
have you read the ACL 101 manual, there are several examples in there....it'll help you understand how long a run you can do, and if you need longer what you need to do to make it happen, power injection for power, null pixels to extend data runs, using receivers to get ports and power closer to props if you are running off 1 f16v3, like I am, plenty of walkthroughs of peoples display also, I know some people have diagrams to help them with their setups, but nothing as detailed as what you are hoping for in the one diagram, but definitely start with the manual, it doesn't gibe you the big picture but more so the ingredients to make the cake.... https://auschristmaslighting.com/at...lighting-101-third-edition-release-pdf.12297/

Markupde

New elf
Thank you Robbo, I will read through the ACL 101, probably a little late to walk through anybody's display until it's too late for my setup. Have any of you U.S. members been to the annual Christmas expo? I have an opportunity to attend this year and would like to know if it's worth it. Best to probably just start experimenting.

Robbo

Full time elf
Thank you Robbo, I will read through the ACL 101, probably a little late to walk through anybody's display until it's too late for my setup. Have any of you U.S. members been to the annual Christmas expo? I have an opportunity to attend this year and would like to know if it's worth it. Best to probably just start experimenting.

If you can attend, it will be well worth it! Talk to people in person who can demonstrate a few things

algerdes

Al Gerdes
No question... IF you can make it to Las Vegas (location of the 2020 Expo this year), do it. Lots of learning opportunities, good deals on products (vendor area), and best of all - you get to meet the folks that are doing this hobby as well as those that put long hard hours into making what we do possible.