Wiring it up question

jediknight2

Full time elf
OK. I have all my LOR stuff connected and ready to go. I only have power injection and connecting the pixel data lines left. My question is this.

I am using 16 gauge speaker wire for power injection. My first pixel on one output of my P2 is less than 13 feet. The other is 20. I also have a jump from one pixel to the next of about 16 feet. I plan on using a null pixel on those areas. My first thought is to run a cat6 cable for the data and a run of 16 gauge beside it with power for the jumps. However, would it be ok just to carry the power AND data on the cat6 for those small sections? I actually think I WILL run both wires for my first pixel...my main question is for the jump between pixels after my first injection.

For instance, I have a run of pixels of about 18 feet. I then have a 13 foot gap to the next pixel. Could I use just the cat6 for that jump, or should I use both the cat6 and 16gauge...

This is for 12V 2801 pixel strings

BrianJ

Full time elf
I am running 2801 5V pixels and am also using 16/4 speaker wire. I have an initial run from the controller to first pixel of 14 meters on the speaker wire and it works perfectly so I would imagine you would be able to do the same with the 12v pixels

jediknight2

Full time elf
Glad to hear you are getting that distance. I am going to try my first injection without a null pixel with a distance of about 20 feet. I see NO reason I cannot use cat6 for my jump with a null pixel as the wire size in a string would be the same size. Will try and make sure it works tomorrow.

Skunberg

Full time elf
If your going to use cat6, make sure you only use one wire for data. If you double it up the signal has trouble and you'll get bad results.

Brian