wiring pixels questionEF

so i have a question - I'm building a mega tree - and will probably do very simple sequencing this year - using vixen and my e682s and maybe pi if i have time (if not all run from my computer).

My question relates to how i put the pixel strings together. Does each rung of the tree have to be a seperate string, separately plugged into an e682 port? or can they be joined and go up and down for example? i could have around 170 pixels in a universe - but what if each strand was only say 80 pixels- can i make them all 1 universe or must they all be seperate?

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
as for wiring you can join 2 strings of 80 pixels end to end so you can have 2 strings on one output if using vixen3 you can reverse patch ever second string so it makes each string run from bottom to top just have to make sure they are patched perfectly of you will run into programming problems

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
You can connect up multiple strings together and run as a zig zag up and down the tree, but you will need to inject power
So for example you may use 3 strings of 50 lights per output (150 RGB lights 450 channels) and have the first string go up the tree and then the second string connected and going back down, then the third string will go back up. But you will need to inject power between string 2 and 3. So ensure you use cable that has a large enough size to handle the current load of 2 strips as effectively you are back injecting string 2 and forward injecting string 3 from the bottom of the tree.