wiring rgbs

jck46

New elf
need a wiring diagram for wiring rgbs using cat 5 cables can anyone help thanks

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
A bit more info on exactly what your planning to do may help decide even if CAT5 is the best choice for your wiring. What RGBs and what voltage are you planning on using. What distances are you planning on running.

If using CAT5 for just power then there isnt any rules on which cores to use and generally you will use orange wires for red, green wires for green and blue wires for blue.

If you want to share both data and power over a CAT 5 then there are some standards to this but also there are variations to this depending on what is being used so that may be important to mention as well.

You may find the ACL 101 lighting manual may also help you.

jck46

New elf
i am using the dumb rgbs with an lor dc controller the inputs for the controller are wired up with cat 5 connecters that is why i want to use cat 5 also i have 4 wire rgbs

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
jck46 said:
i am using the dumb rgbs with an lor dc controller the inputs for the controller are wired up with cat 5 connecters that is why i want to use cat 5 also i have 4 wire rgbs

You need to provide links if you want any solid advice or else ill just be guessing at what you using and wanting to do, are these 5 vdc or 12vdc, how many are you wanting to run

Cat 5 is not very good to use for power and thus you need to explain in more detail on what exactly you are using and how many of them you want to run per output as you can easily overload CAT5