Woden ACT Aust - Woden Shopping Centre

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Hi

17th September

Big-W:
They have some of last years stock as clearance items on a couple of isle ends. Didn't note actually what but they were LED.

David Jones:
Have set up a dedicated area on level 3 but at this time only have ornaments and some trees, again looks look 2009 stock.

Phil

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
Our local Big Ws are starting to put out new 2010 stock of starter kits and extension sets. They have several differences from 2009:-
1 Wiring is all clear plastic with white 3 conductor connections. (These are compatible with 2009 connectors)
2 Controller is a 2 channel 8 function controller with a 3 conductor Male/Female connector between controller and first lights.
3 Strings & icicles all include resistors in each circuit. All circuit segments are 10 LEDs + resistor; in 2009, the reds at least were 15 LEDs/circuit).
4 The starter set includes a transformer, controller and a 200 LED string and is priced just below $20. The extensions are 100 LEDs and are priced at $12-13. In 2009, the starter sets and extensions all had 120 LEDs and were about $20 for the starter and $17 for the extensions. Prices/led are 30-40% lower this year.
5 I have seen strings in white (cool & warm), blue, multi, red, green and purple, and icicles in white (cool and warm), blue and multi. There may be others as not all stock is out.
6 The transformer and controller are available without lights - about $5.
7 My tests indicate that at 30V DC, all give reasonable to good brightness, but the bulb currents vary from colour to colour - all that I tested are in range 4-12mA which is lower than the 2009 tests - no doubt because of the included resistors.
8 In 2009 I bought a lot of extension sets because they were the cheaper option. In 2010, I am buying starter sets because they provide the cheaper option and include an extra female socket and 9 m of 3 conductor cable.

Regards Geoff

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Apparently all Big W's are setting up displays tonight rang my local one and they will have the "display plan" done overnight

Goldie

New elf
Just cleaned out Parkmore
9 pack Cool White
9 Packs Blue
4 packs Red

Melbourne must be a week late they have only just started to go on the shelves
Checked the LED connection to the wire and they have been siliconed, so shouldn't have any probs with rust about time too