Wolfie's 2016 show

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Very nice display. Loved the "Bad Boys" sequence with the red and blue lights. Fantasmic sequence was especially beautifully sequenced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfie

Full time elf
logandc99 said:
Very nice display. Loved the "Bad Boys" sequence with the red and blue lights. Fantasmic sequence was especially beautifully sequenced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Much appreciated. The bad boys was a spur of the moment thing. The granddaughters like that song a lot and was trying to figure out how to roll it into Christmas. They didn't get the "Berry" and "Archie" references but thats ok. We got it. Right? Berry == RaspBERRY Pi and Archie == ARCHes.

Lilia (Sean's wife) did the fantasmic sequence for the tree itself. I modded it a bit and expanded on it for the rest of the show elements.

Wolfie

Full time elf
I certainly can. I will give you the basics and if you want anything more detailed, feel free to ask.

The tree is 24 strands, each with 60px. Its 12v square node pixels mounted on boscoyo strips. Its wired in 3 groups of 8 strands in each section. One data feed from an F16 for each section. Each section has its own 12v 360w PSU and there are 2 power injection cables from each PSU.

It a custom made Boscoyo top plate (48 strand plate). I welded additional braces for it and its mounted on top of an ASAP pole which is mounted in a portable hole 2 that I slightly modified. Here are some photos...