wow the lor superstar is great (if you don't have dmx channels)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I finally got around to staring on my fill in bits for my sequences 2 days ago after reorganising bucketloads of channels in sequencer and visualiser. All good although a lot more painful than it could be. I had made the change from lor 3.0.2 to 3.1.2 as there were a few bug fixes. Imagine my surprise when last night for several hours of checking, re-doing etc I discovered that 3.1.2 no longer imports dmx channels (only half my display, nothing major). At 11:30 last night I posted on lor forums about the bug. The developer replied saying that he had no dmx channels so he couldn't test it. i replied again this morning that you don't need to control the channels you only need to change them in visualiser. doh. I got a lovely reply about 1/2 hr ago which said "I have looked through the code on what happens when using DMX. It turns out that it is a big enough change that I will not be able to do it until next year."
[/color]It's so lovely to hear this on the 1st of December. I'm going to have to try to go back to 3.02 to create sequences that i can't use. Convert them hopefully on another machine to sequences that I can use.
Moral of the story is make sure you're ready well before December 1 and to not assume that software is going to work despite it being held up for months while beta testers weren't finding the dozens of bugs that appeared after the software release.As I've been known to say a bit over the last couple weeks.
"NOT HAPPY JAN"[/color]

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I really do feel your pain, and know the feeling really well (ever tried trimming 4 or 5 FULL universes off your display - it's not fun). Software updates, like our displays, should be ready to go by September at the latest. Alas it will never happen, but we can always hope :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The issue that seems to happen is that the software is not really fully tested until late November when everyone gets their displays up, thats when those nasty bugs can bite. Always have contigency plans

Benslights

Dedicated elf
well looks like it will be in there next software update so every should not have long to wait.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
never used vixen Dave sticking with what i know at this time an that is LOR S3 but you never know

jeffmill

New elf
I wish there was a little more info on how to use SS. I've found it a little difficult to find any good documentation or video on how to use it, and what I have found is foggy at best. I'm an LOR Beta and have never seen more than the Demo version as the full release was never provided to Beta. Well, unless you purchased it. I was not prepared to do that without having a little insight as to how I could use it in my display. Now I'm interested but have no idea how it works. With the recent developments at Sandevices... SS might now be a necessity to those of us who chose to stay with S3. ...and for now, the use of the ELO bridge for DMX devices means they can be used with SS as the ELO sees each DMX universe as an iDMX. These are configured as LOR channels not DMX. When/if E1.31 is added as native to S3, that will not be the case, and the channels will all have to be reconfigured as DMX. By then, maybe SS will have some new DMX code?
Jeff

BrownOut

New elf
I purchased the 24CCR SS and have figured out inserting and scrolling text, drawing a basic pic by hand, and how to make the software lock up. I'm with Jeff- I need a better training video or way more time to learn it.

Dennis Cherry

New elf
Jeff Millard said:
I wish there was a little more info on how to use SS. I've found it a little difficult to find any good documentation or video on how to use it, and what I have found is foggy at best. I'm an LOR Beta and have never seen more than the Demo version as the full release was never provided to Beta. Well, unless you purchased it. I was not prepared to do that without having a little insight as to how I could use it in my display. Now I'm interested but have no idea how it works. With the recent developments at Sandevices... SS might now be a necessity to those of us who chose to stay with S3. ...and for now, the use of the ELO bridge for DMX devices means they can be used with SS as the ELO sees each DMX universe as an iDMX. These are configured as LOR channels not DMX. When/if E1.31 is added as native to S3, that will not be the case, and the channels will all have to be reconfigured as DMX. By then, maybe SS will have some new DMX code?
Jeff

The Beta 3.1.116 has the Superstar DMX now. I have not really tried it yet but will soon. What you have to do is in the visualizer setup the display with all your DMX channels assigned, then you can use it in Superstar and export the Superstar sequencing with the DMX channels assigned. There is nothing in the Superstar configuration to setup DMX channels just LOR channels, only the new LOR visualizer can be used for the DMX channel assignments.