Writing Text in a matrix

Porsche

Full time elf
Hi all, Can anyone explain how to input text into a matrix through LSP.
Is it done through macros?. ive had a play with macros today but not sure how to input text.

cheers
phil

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
This can be done through the macros, but its only good for higher resolution matrices.

i have created all my text using the LSP matrix animation tools and manually put them in as my matrices have a fairly low resolution.

This is something that should be looked into before then next major release (i hope) to improve performance

kane

Dedicated elf
As Eddy mentioned, you can use the Macro tools - you use the Marquee macro.

To use the matrix animation tools he mentioned, click your mouse on the audio area at the top of the sequencer, and drag to the point you want the animation to end. Then right-click, and choose "Create Matrix Animation in selected range".. Choose your matrix to apply it to, and then you'll be able to do frame-by-frame manual animations.. Very clunky, but hopefully the newer version will have much better functionality in this area, as Eddy alluded to.

anon

Apprentice elf
The marquee tool wouldn't be so bad if it allowed a lot more freedom on text size, rather than limiting the size from very small to...less very small.

On my 7x10 stair matrix the manual pixel editing gives the clearest text, however the the marquee text was still distinguishable but was only making using of 3/4 of the 10 rows.

kane

Dedicated elf
anon said:
The marquee tool wouldn't be so bad if it allowed a lot more freedom on text size, rather than limiting the size from very small to...less very small.
Another reason why allowing third party developers to build plugins would be a good idea! </end sounding like a broken record>