Wrong colour

dannyp

Full time elf
I am using ws2811 pixels with a P12r controller and LOR S3 software. I am having trouble getting the right colours to display on the lights. For example I select Blue and I get purples. Instead of yellow, I get green. I can't work it out, so would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

remoteutah

Full time elf
Just because you are using RGB pixels, does not mean that they map as RGB. My ws2811 strips are GRB. You can re-map this in your P12R or via software. I use LSP and it remaps in just a few mouse clicks.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The clock frequency may do it too I believe. I use 3200kb on my P2 with the 2811 pixels I have and it works sweet. As the spec for 2811 pixels says that the clock rate should be 400kB and they are 8 bit bytes I should expect that most people are using that frequency.

jerrymac

Apprentice elf
Received 19 2811 strips that were RGB (on paper). Actually they turned out to be GBR (only combination that was exactly wrong for each color). setup in the P12R corrected the issue by setting the effects page to resolve. Works fine.
Only problem I see is that the colors you relayed are NOT primary colors and are blended colors. I would check the software you are using since you shoud be seeing one of the three primary colors. Suggest testing with xlights since it is both easy and simple. If you can get Red with a red command and green with a green command as well as Blue with a blue command. If you get these and other colors are wrong seems the problem must be software.

dannyp

Full time elf
Thanks for the tips. It ended up being the RGB setup, which I ended up changing to RBG in the config screen and it all works like a charm.

Many thanks