WS2811 5v nodes found on AliExpress for under $10 posted

foodi

Apprentice elf
hope this link help iv been dealing with ray and other companies over 7 years and i have found that last year and this year postage is a problem but good rgb gods have best me as i have found a site with free post to au for nodes 2811 5v around $10.00 a string and free post i order 30 set to try and i was imprest last year .
so i bought more and delivery time was great .pleasecheck it out https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32932655554.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.24394c4dSrHmap

i13

Dedicated elf
I'd like to ask what the postage problem was. It can be possible to get a better postage price by asking the seller e.g. Ray via email.

Has anyone tried asking for a certain wire thickness or spacing from this supplier? The price does seem reasonable. Thanks for sharing.

TerryK

Retired Elf
Not to rain on everyone's parade but I would be cautious with these. The listing indicates 80 mm spacing; a tad over 3 inch. Wire AWG I did not see mentioned but the reviews indicate problems either in quality or voltage drop. Also JST connectors judging by the photos.

These remind me of the cheaper strings I see on Amazon. I have some, purchased when I first started the hobby. They work, just need a bit more attention.

Reactions: i13

cheyne.m

New elf
I have recently just got these the other day after waiting 2 months for them to arrive. the wire is very thin inside, every time I went to strip the wire it would break and also the data indicator was backwards but other than that they seem to ok

• Informative
Reactions: i13