WS2811 COB LED 12v Strip

John_82

New elf
I'm having a tough time trying to find if this product exists.

I am looking at doing some permanent garden bench and steps lighting and was hoping to use a IP67/IP68 Waterproof WS2811 Addressable COB LED Strip 12V

So far I've only found 24V strips that are IP68. The alternative is a 20/30 IP rated strips, obviously not good for outside usage.

Just seeing if anyone has come accross a 12V strip

For reference, I found 24v IP68 COB LED Strip:

12V COB LED Strip - but indoor use only

Johnnyboy

Full time elf
If you are doing garden lighting with long runs i would recommend the 24v approach. You will have less voltage drop and get more consistent colours with a 24v system. If you are using a WLED to run them, there is no real difference from a wiring perspective other than a 24v power supply.

I run 24v for my kitchen lighting and very consistent pleasant colours.

John_82

New elf
Thanks @Johnnyboy good to know.

I guess for me I'll be running them off a Kulp controller and was hoping to power straight off the controller.
The garden lights are in the front yard so was looking to incorporate in my Christmas shows but then just run them as landscape lighting the rest of the year.

If I need a distribution board for 24v injection then i'll just go down that path.

darylc

404 darylc not found
You might just be searching for the wrong term if you are having trouble finding COB. Try "neon" which I think is what you are after. This is Ray Wu side emitting 5V or 12V neon strip waterproof in either IP65 or IP67 but also inside a tube so plenty of protection once you secure the ends.
Except Ray's stuff isn't COB it's all 5050 with a diffuser