WS2811 LED technicolor pixel

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
If your interseted in these then im pretty sure they are designed by a member here called magii, so you may want to PM him and ask him a few questions, He also runs a Facebook group called the blinky lab which goes into some details on these.

kane

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
If your interseted in these then im pretty sure they are designed by a member here called magii, so you may want to PM him and ask him a few questions, He also runs a Facebook group called the blinky lab which goes into some details on these.

Can't seem to find his facebook page - have you got the url?

Is interesting that he's designed them, but you purchase through Ray still - any idea if that is a commercial arrangement, or is magii just trying to advance the hobby by helping with product development?

Travis

New elf
Dave H said:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/100nodes-DC12V-WS2811-LED-technicolor-pixel/701799_922162404.html

Has any purchased and / or tested any of these new pixels??

They appear to seal the wires further away from the pc board than the standard flat pixels

Any feedback would be appreciated
I actually got my Technicolor pixels from HolidayCoro, he is calling them FirePix on his site
I ordered a string of these and currently have them on my front cutter.
I have been running test patterns with xLights/Nutcracker.
I will tell you first hand, these pixels are extremely bright.
I am very impressed by the highest quality of these lights.
The colors are rich in color.
My viewing distance is 75+ feet and my wife and I are so happy with them that we are getting ready to order 12 more strings from HolidayCoro.
David's (HolidayCoro) customer service is top notch, very fast to reply to your messages, and his product shipping is one of the fastest I have ever dealt with.
I received my order 3 days after I placed the order, No the is FAST !

barbotte

Apprentice elf
Travis said:
Dave H said:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/100nodes-DC12V-WS2811-LED-technicolor-pixel/701799_922162404.html

Has any purchased and / or tested any of these new pixels??

They appear to seal the wires further away from the pc board than the standard flat pixels

Any feedback would be appreciated
I actually got my Technicolor pixels from HolidayCoro, he is calling them FirePix on his site
I ordered a string of these and currently have them on my front cutter.
I have been running test patterns with xLights/Nutcracker.
I will tell you first hand, these pixels are extremely bright.
I am very impressed by the highest quality of these lights.
The colors are rich in color.
My viewing distance is 75+ feet and my wife and I are so happy with them that we are getting ready to order 12 more strings from HolidayCoro.
David's (HolidayCoro) customer service is top notch, very fast to reply to your messages, and his product shipping is one of the fastest I have ever dealt with.
I received my order 3 days after I placed the order, No the is FAST !
holiday coro will not shipp to canada so i am out .. cheer

kane

Dedicated elf
David @ HolidayCoro has been a very active member of the site in the past, and many of us here in Australia have been keen to purchase his Coro items, but he was never able to organise cost-effective postage.

He's very passionate and stands by his gear, so having a local supplier for this sort of things is definitely a good thing.

In addition, the quality of the Technicolor pixels seems to be first rate, which I think is becoming more important for people wanting to get at least a few years of value out of their purchases!

Beefer

Apprentice elf
Yep, keen for my order to arrive from Ray with my first batch of Technicolours - glad to hear they're bright and colourfu, I'm using them for the house outline so that'll be perfect :)

Travis

New elf
Beefer said:
Yep, keen for my order to arrive from Ray with my first batch of Technicolours - glad to hear they're bright and colourfu, I'm using them for the house outline so that'll be perfect :)
That is exactly what I am using the Technicolor pixels for.
the test strand 85 count I am using on my gutter are so bright that at full power white it lights up my neighbors yards across the street 100 feet away, and that is with just one strand.

barbotte

Apprentice elf
Travis said:
Beefer said:
That is exactly what I am using the Technicolor pixels for.
the test strand 85 count I am using on my gutter are so bright that at full power white it lights up my neighbors yards across the street 100 feet away, and that is with just one strand.
why would the technicolor be brighter than my regualr ws2811 ?? they both have the same chipset and have the same led ... i dont understand why ????
thank

jediknight2

Full time elf
I don't think they are any brighter...I think it's just what you like. If anyone wants to throw out some metered data..I'd be interested for sure!