WS2811 Pixel Node for 2018 Interest

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
I have a close friend in Melbourne that manufactures all of Bunning's plastic items so I'm seeing if he could possibly make a batch and what price it would work out to be Maybe there could be a lot of business for him if his price is right?

~Derf

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Derf, a lot of people use that strip for megatrees and matrixes, so it can definitely be used for outlines. To keep the straight lines however, it would probably need to be mounted to something more rigid (like conduit!) so in that respect it's not worth it. Others may chime in on other uses of that stuff but it is a great product and well used in the community.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Electrical conduit (25mm recommended) is the most common method used as its easy to store, mount and keeps nice clean straight lines and its not too expensive either

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Not sure I would publicly talk about how to execute tax fraud, but maybe that's just me.

as daryl says not a good idea and we have had member do this in the past and customs have taken there lights till they pay the difference in the tax of what it is really worth. so not worth it. just do 2 orders a few months apart is the best way

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Surely when I will be available again, I will buy this https://www.boscoyostudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_6&products_id=154

in this way I can create the length I want without being obliged to join more strips with plastic bands and compromise their resistance.

I got the above this year but the holes were not evenly spaced and pixels do not line up. They have since stopped making them until they get a new machine. They have credited me so I can get a new lot.