XL4 Status jan 30

smeighan

Dedicated elf
xLights Status as of jan 30
XLights 4 Status Jan 30 on Vimeo

As a reminder we capture xLight 4.0 issues on the xLights forum.
http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php

New open incorporates convert. Meta tags completed
import audacity timing when opening files
Convert/Open will delete effect 2 if your effect is 100% on effect 1 and morph is not checked. This makes saving faster since we dont need to render effect 2 as you are not using it.
Save to fseq is working, rendered effects show in preview window in Sequencer tab.
Ability to grab a section of the timing marks and move them as a group or delete them
more tool bars now connected (zoom in, out, play, stop,.etc.)
Perspective is saved. This means if you drag windows, size them, move them the next time you come in you get your customized layout.

This is still alpha code, we do not have the xml save done. There are still things that crash program (Like opening a v3 xsq file). We have not connected export, we do not have the Papagayo tab converted to v4.

I would say we are now more than 80% done and expect a beta release in the next 2-3 weeks. Beta release will be able to open any sequence u used in 2014 and get it to convert and play back exactly like it did last season.

Dave Pitts, Gil Jones and Dan Kulp are the three people doing most of the heavy lifting as of now.

It is looking very good. There are no major blockers That I foresee so expect beta release in February.

Thanks to the dev team for getting XL4 this far!

sean

Boof63

Senior elf
Great Work and thanks for the updates, looking forward to the first release!!
cheers Boof63

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Any idea when there will be a version for people to play with Sean? Dave Pitts has been in chat lots but I keep forgetting to ask him. There's a few meet and greets next weekend and XL4 would be good to talk about. That and Daves new boards are expected to be talked about.