Release xlights 2016.7, Fix crashes caused by old style Whole House Models

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Release 2016.7

Dan has fixed the crashes that people were seeing in 2016.6. The root cause was people still had the old Whole House Models from 8 months ago.
History: The first release of xlights 4.0 in march 2015 actually created a model (like a custom model) for Whole House Models. There used to be a button on the LAYOUT screen called "Create Whole House Model". In Summer of 2015 we removed that button and moved Whole House models into the new Model Groups section. Some people moved over, some left the old method. As we rebuild the engine of xLights, Dan has optimized the models. That optimization caused a crash when it saw old models. This release fixes it so we can handle both new and old Whole house models. It is recommend that you use the Model Group to create whole house models.

This highlights BETA code. I do not have any of the old Whole House Models anywhere. I test each release, try my 11 sequences, everything looks great. I release the code and BETA testers find crashes we didn't see. This is because we need a larger testing base. If you are the sort of person who does not want to see crashes, wait! Maybe one more month we will have the kinks worked out on Dans restructuring of our engine. I am able to sequence with the latest code, crashes dont bother me. I have backups and just restore. As long as you see the BETA tag on a release, we have not tested it enough to know its level of stability.

So thanks to those that test and help make the xlights engine into an awesome thing,.
Latest releases are found at http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases/
Issue Tracker is found here: https://github.com/smeighan/xLights/issues

XLIGHTS/NUTCRACKER RELEASE NOTES:
--------------------------------
2016.7 Feb 08, 2016
-- bug(dkulp) Fix crashes on animations
-- bug(dkulp) Fix crashes caused by old Whole House Models