xlights Background Not Uploading **Solved**

tacaram

New elf
Hi everyone
I have exhausted all of my searches on the net and looking at the manuals about this and have a question.

My house outline has disappeared from the background view and I am unable to upload a new one. I have tried different pictures and as per the attached files I am able to upload one but not the other. I have also tried saving the pictures in the same directory as the show and other places and that has also not worked.

I am sure that there is a simple solution but it is not obvious to me at this stage.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Attachments

• Xlights House Outline 2.pdf
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Xlights House Outline 1.pdf
    90.9 KB · Views: 14

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
As a guess I would say there is issue with the photo you are trying to use as a background.

I would simply go and take another picture and try that.

tacaram

New elf
As a guess I would say there is issue with the photo you are trying to use as a background.

I would simply go and take another picture and try that.
Thanks mate - should have listed that as well. Have tried that twice on two different phones unfortunately, still no luck.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
If you right-click on the blank black box where the image should be, there is an option to reset, does this magically bring it back to life?
I've found when I was mouse-wheel scrolling to zoom in/out it would move off centre and be hard to get back again in the middle. This rest snaps the image back to the centre.
Just a thought.

tacaram

New elf
If you right-click on the blank black box where the image should be, there is an option to reset, does this magically bring it back to life?
I've found when I was mouse-wheel scrolling to zoom in/out it would move off centre and be hard to get back again in the middle. This rest snaps the image back to the centre.
Just a thought.
No unfortunately. In the house picture it is not even showing up on the little window preview on the left had side of the screen. Where the other picture is, seems strange. Have tried different file names as well with no luck.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Are all your display drivers up to date? This might be better to problem solve in a zoom call later this evening.

tacaram

New elf
Thanks everyone for the input. I had to resend the photo through my email and make it a larger size file for it to be able to work. One more step in the massive learning curve the is this "hobby".