Xlights colors in the editor do not match the sequence that is made.

jeffmd

New elf
So this is a very simple animation setup, in fact I was just creating a demo to test end to end effects on a wreath. My setup is a rasp pi B with a falcon pi hat and a string of 50 pixel lights. I set the string up as a wreath in xlights, and strung along several effects I wanted to test out. I deselected colors from the color bar like cyan as I just wanted rbg and sometimes I will select yellow. When I select each effect in the time line they show as having the correct colors, and down the line I have a modified color set as I changes 2 colors I didnt use to duplicates of red and blue for some effects that I felt were rendering heavy in one or another color. At all times the rendered preview was correct.

However, I then export it to falcon player and the pattern is correct, but the color selection is wrong. It is almost as if xlights ignored my selected color pallet and is just using the default (namely, the color cyan is in the chains of light and should not be). I reloaded X, loaded my sequence, even made my edited color pallet the same through all effects, but the preview sequence color choices are not following over when the sequence is rendered to file. Any ideas?

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
I'm not quite clear on what the output is. Are there different colors, but they're just the wrong ones, or is everything cyan? If there are different colors, then some strands (especially strips) aren't RGB, but instead BGR or some other order. You can set this in xlights under controller connection for the model in the Layout tab.
1663024228682.png

jeffmd

New elf
No... it is not an error like that. So by default the colors RBG and Cyan are selected at the top for FAN effect. I deselect cyan, render, save, upload. My preview just shows the effects done in red blue and green colors like it should, but on the pi it is doing red, blue, green, and cyan.

jeffmd

New elf
I am uploading the sequence using the built in tool, then going over to the web interface and activating the sequence.

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
I just want to make sure: Are you overwriting the old file when you save the sequence, or creating a new one? Then you go to tools - fpp connect, select this controller, make sure that sequence file is checked at the bottom, then click upload, right? And there are no errors?

jeffmd

New elf
Ok I think I figured it out. It was sending the wrong (or none?) color scheme. The FPP color test showed it was RGB so I went to Your screen shot above and it was highlighted red, with port 0 and ws2811 selected. When I put in port 1 more slots opened underneath. It does not seem like I can fix the old sequences but upon making a whole new sequence, red is red, blue is blue, and so on. The cyan WAS actually an improper mix of YELLOW.