xLights - e682 board issues

dschuts

New elf
Hi,

I've got 400 x WS2811 12mm RGBs running off a 350W 5v PS which also powers the E682 controller (FW version 4.026). I'm running a single 8 strand mega tree, Using the test patterns on the controller I get all pixels lit correctly.

However, when sending from xLights each universe displays in a different colour (all lights should be red in this picture).
[attachimg=1]

[/size]I've included screenshots of the controller setup and my xLights setup, all the lights are plugged into module 3 at 100 per port and folded once (after pixel 50). I would appreciate any help.[size=78%]

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I would say its got something to do with using 512 channels per universe as you then have an odd channel out when crossing universes and outputs
170 pixels is 510 channels

tmcteer

New elf
You need to change the last channel to 510 in xLights. I ran into this with my horzintal matirx

dschuts

New elf
510 channels solved the problem! They're behaving normally now.

Now to get FPP working properly!

smeighan

Dedicated elf
dschuts said:
510 channels solved the problem! They're behaving normally now.

Now to get FPP working properly!

yep, if you are using e682 set the channels per universe to 510, not 512.

if you are using the falcon-16 controllers set the universes to 512. daves controller handles the partial wrap as you go to the next universe transparently. i have 28 universes this year, i just set all of them to 512 and it works.
this gives me a block of channels from 1-14336.

again for e682 set them to 510.

i am using the FPD (Falcon Pixelnet DMX) board to give me 32K channels of pixelnet and 2K channels of DMX.
This board can be connected directly to the FPP (Falcon Pi Player that run son the raspberry pi). I have (5) Falcon-16 boards connected to the pixelnet line. This gives me 80 strings, each string can have 200 nodes.

The hardware i am using is the first row of this document.
http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/images/falcon_pi.pdf

because dave lives 70km away, i have gotten amazing support with his suite of hardware/software.
I did run my Halloween show using the pi player and it was scheduling video as part of the show.
https://vimeo.com/78320101

i will also schedule video as part of christmas show.

dschuts

New elf
The E682 was the configuration that was recommended to me here. But I can see the ease of compatability on the F-16.

This year is a test with:
E682 - 400 pixels in one 5m mega tree (3 universes), with 6 x dumb rgb strings (1 universe).
T1000S - 4 20W RGB spots (stand alone DMX)
8 x fixed colour strings moulded into trees/snowmen Santa sleigh and reindeer (always on).

I'm planning on integrating a mist/laser jet/floodlight water feature and arches or perhaps a pixel screen next year. I'm not sure if I'll be going with arduino boards or another Pi. I have 10 months to work that out after the end of this years' display!