xLights Error

Steve Heather

New elf
I am new to xLights and trying to learn the software. I watched the introduction video and it was very informative.
I created a test program to "play" with the software and learn what all the effects will do. I went through Setup and Layout, now I am in Sequencer. Every time I click on any of Effects buttons I get an error message, Drag & drop operation failed. Not sure what I am doing wrong but I am sure it is something simple. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Boof63

Senior elf
drag the effect down to the work area (right or left click i cant remember) and place where you want it to go, agai using right or left click and the shift button - allows you to stretch the effect to the desired size.
hope this helps,
ps post the error message would be helpful, in case its more serious
Cheers Boof63

Steve Heather

New elf
Thanks for the reply.
As soon as I click the icon I get the error message, "Drag & drop operation failed." It doesn't allow me to move it at all.

Attachments

• xLights error screen.png
    xLights error screen.png
    475.4 KB · Views: 24

Steve Heather

New elf
Here is an update. I decided to check for Windows updates and let it run all of them. That took forever and crashed the operating system, (Windows 10). I had to create a recovery drive from another computer and reboot from that. After it repaired Windows and started up correctly I went to xLights and magically it works correctly. If this is the biggest glitch in this project I will be in good shape. Thanks for the help.