Answered xLights loss of volume SOLVED

Adsy

Full time elf
Not sure how this has happened as i am pretty much only using the computer for sequencing at the moment.
Outside of xlights audio is fine and i am currently on version 10.
Should i just update to 11 or could i be missing something else?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Right click on your speaker icon in the bottom task bar and select open Volume Mixer whilst xLighrs is running.
Check the slide for xLights is level with the others. If it's turned down there it'll have a much lower volume relative to the rest of the system.

Adsy

Full time elf
Right click on your speaker icon in the bottom task bar and select open Volume Mixer whilst xLighrs is running.
Check the slide for xLights is level with the others. If it's turned down there it'll have a much lower volume relative to the rest of the system.
Thanks @Skymaster somehow through some aimless fluffing around with sound options all is good but i now know another place to look :)

Katekate

Senior elf
I have found that if another app takes exclusive use of the sound card for a period of time, then xlights won't make any sound until its closed and restarted.

i13

Dedicated elf
I have just found this thread as I was not getting any sound from xLights. The solution for me was to go to 'Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback' and change the default playback device.