Xlights not seeing Controller?

ellipticrecords

New elf
Hi All
Not sure if this is the right forum so sorry if in the wrong place. Im having an issue with Xlights as it wont seem to connect direct to the controller (Kulp K4-PB), or with the FPP? I can upload sequences to the controller using FPP but cannot seem to get Xlights to play the lights when i im designing a show. It used to work but have moved house so the IP, etc has changed. I deleted the controller showing and used "Discover" to add it again which it found and i configered but for the life of me when i use "Output to Lights" nothing happens? Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks
In Advance.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Support for FPP versions below 6 got quietly dropped in new versions of xLights, not sure if this could be your issue or not, but it sounds like you're on the way to finding out.

ellipticrecords

New elf
FPP is 4 which im at the moment downloading the new version (just working out how to install!)

Support for FPP versions below 6 got quietly dropped in new versions of xLights, not sure if this could be your issue or not, but it sounds like you're on the way to finding out.
Ahh, i see, well hopefully then once i upgrade to 7 it might sort the issue as it was fine in my last house but due to the move not had a chance to run the controller up in over a year and i want to get it sorted for this Christmas so hoping that with the new version of FPP it might work again. It all working fine if i send the show to the controller and run it from there its just when i try to run directly from Xlights i have the issue.

Last edited: