xLights/Nutcracker 3.1.1 released. Meteor fix and enhancement.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
3.1.1 released. Find latest releases here : http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases/

Matt Brown has fixed/enhanced the Meteor effect. We renamed the Starfield Effect to be "Explode" and "Implode"
Enhancement: Matt added new directions for Meteors. They now can go left and right.

Release notes:

3.1.1: Aug 12,2013 - Bug Fix: (Matt Brown). Matt has fixed the Meteor effect. He has also enhanced it so meteors can fall to the left or right.
We have renamed Starfiled to be called "explode" and "implode"
- Enhancement: (Matt Brown) I made some improvements to countdown & skip blank cells logic. I also changed a couple of method names to make them more clear. Also, the timer now skips if the last interval takes more than 50ms to process. Before it was blocking until the last interval finished (so if every interval took more than 50ms you had a stackup of waiting timer calls to process).

Remember do a "File,Backuo" before installing any new version of xlights.

thanks again to Matt for the nicer meteor effect.

thanks
sean

meteors_aug12.gif

4craigh

New elf
After applying this update I get an error on the meteor effect on a sequence that already had the meteor effect in it - Unable to find: ID_CHECKBOX_Meteors_FallUp

Craig

smeighan

Dedicated elf
4craigh said:
After applying this update I get an error on the meteor effect on a sequence that already had the meteor effect in it - Unable to find: ID_CHECKBOX_Meteors_FallUp

Craig

i need to add these new controls into the convert old version to new version. ill go and do that.

If you step through the errors (really warnings) and save youe sequence . the newly save version should not give errors the next time you open it.

4craigh

New elf
saving the file with the new version does not help, still get the errors/messages. If I play that effect it actually locks the application, and I get other message boxes that I can't close.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
4craigh said:
saving the file with the new version does not help, still get the errors/messages. If I play that effect it actually locks the application, and I get other message boxes that I can't close.

please paste here your xml sequence file.

if i had a wizards.mp3 file , i would have these files

wizards.mp3 ~ 5mbytes
wizards.xseq ~ 35mbytes
wizards.xml ~ 30kbytes

please post the xml file. this way i can see what sliders are mentioned for your meteors.

If you did the "File, Backup" command befor einstalling 3.1.1 , you will have a copy of all of your sequences in the ../backup directory below your show directory.

thanks

4craigh

New elf
attached are the xml and xseq files
The audio file is too big for an attachment even when it is zipped. It is Andy Williams Most Wonder full Time, I think you have that already.

dkulp

Full time elf
I just integrated all the changes into my build (and cleaned up some of my stuff) and uploaded a new build for the Mac to:[/size]http://dankulp.com/xlights/xLights-MAC-3.1.1.tar.gzThis version should incorporate all their 3.1.1 changes PLUS my changes to import HLS hlsIdata files. It should also run on OSX 10.6.8 and newer.(it would be great to get my changes integrated into the main codebase to avoid having to keep merging things in and such)

rvenegas

Apprentice elf
dkulp said:
I just integrated all the changes into my build (and cleaned up some of my stuff) and uploaded a new build for the Mac to:http://dankulp.com/xlights/xLights-MAC-3.1.1.tar.gzThis version should incorporate all their 3.1.1 changes PLUS my changes to import HLS hlsIdata files. It should also run on OSX 10.6.8 and newer.(it would be great to get my changes integrated into the main codebase to avoid having to keep merging things in and such)

Wait a second, is it available for Mac?????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

dkulp

Full time elf
rvenegas said:
[SIZE=78%] [/SIZE]
[/size]Wait a second, is it available for Mac? ??? ??[size=78%] :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yep. I did an initial port this past Friday and have done a few updates since then as a few people have been trying it on various versions of OSX. (initial builds on Friday were 10.8 only, the newer builds seem to at least startup with 10.6.8) ("Port" is actually a strong word: I literally made two very small changes to the xLights code. It was mostly just figuring out how to setup the XCode project and getting the wxWidgets library set and such.)

The main reason for doing the OSX build was so I can add the hlsIdata import. Since I don't have a development environment on Windows, I needed a way to edit/compile/test the hlsIdata import on my Mac.

rvenegas

Apprentice elf
dkulp said:
rvenegas said:
Wait a second, is it available for Mac? :confused: ?? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yep. I did an initial port this past Friday and have done a few updates since then as a few people have been trying it on various versions of OSX. (initial builds on Friday were 10.8 only, the newer builds seem to at least startup with 10.6. 8) ("Port" is actually a strong word: I literally made two very small changes to the xLights code. It was mostly just figuring out how to setup the XCode project and getting the wxWidgets library set and such.)

The main reason for doing the OSX build was so I can add the hlsIdata import. Since I don't have a development environment on Windows, I needed a way to edit/compile/test the hlsIdata import on my Mac.

SWEEEEEET!!!!! any link available to download Mac version?

rvenegas

Apprentice elf
Thanks DK, I will try it tonight at home with me test driver (My dear Mac, partner of one million adventures).

Talk to you soon with the outcome.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
A Mac version of Christmas lighting software!
Fantastic. Oh joy to the thought of being able to dump Windows completely :)

Edit : Ok, jumped the gun there as this isn't sequencing software..... but just let me dream

4craigh

New elf
Sean,
Did you get a chance to look at the xml file to see why the meteor effect does not work for me?

Craig