Xlights Output Error

Zuseleets

Full time elf
So as you know advatek are 4 pin. I purchased their connector wires which I'll solder to later on. For now it's crude. I used their manual to determine which wire was which and had it working in the test mode on the advatek assistant, just not in xlights.

How do I connect 3 pin pigtails to the advatek system?

@CDI.083 It depends if you have the controller in expanded mode or not. in expanded mode, the clock pin becomes a data pin. Have a quick read of page 9 of the user manual. It explains it fairly well. Pixlite 16Mk2 user manual

Zuseleets

Full time elf
Also, to change the led ic chip, go to the LED tab on the advatek assistant ( your controller setup) and you will see the Pixel IC, just change it to the type of lights you are using.

CDI.083

New elf
This is the Advatek plug n play system. Whilst it may be easier for beginners, now I can see why people buy controllers and power supplies separately & make their own. Should have my Falcon controller within a couple of weeks, then I'll have better control. Spending so much $ at the moment and I can see it will only continue.

Thanks to everyone for your replies & assistance with this thread!

Attachments

• pixlite_16_mkii_pnp_2.jpg
    pixlite_16_mkii_pnp_2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 6

Zuseleets

Full time elf
This is the Advatek plug n play system. Whilst it may be easier for beginners, now I can see why people buy controllers and power supplies separately & make their own. Should have my Falcon controller within a couple of weeks, then I'll have better control. Spending so much $ at the moment and I can see it will only continue.

It’s still the same controller, they’ve just put it in a fancy box and configured it for you. I would assume it’s not set to expanded mode, but assumptions in pixel lights configuration is a dangerous game to play. At least you have the bonus of being able to play with it later when you have more confidence in yourself.

CDI.083

New elf
It’s still the same controller, they’ve just put it in a fancy box and configured it for you. I would assume it’s not set to expanded mode, but assumptions in pixel lights configuration is a dangerous game to play. At least you have the bonus of being able to play with it later when you have more confidence in yourself.
That's correct. Not in expanded mode but I can see where to enable it. Pretty keen now as I'm learning more & more :)

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
I wasn't going to laugh, I was going to cry. :laugh: :laugh:
As what zuseleets said, if in normal mode pinouts are as per attached pic

So, 3 pin ws2811 would be Pin 1 = +Ve (red or brown) Pin 3 = Data (white or yellow or green) and Pin 4 = Ground (black or blue) - Colours vary between manufacturers, you'll need to check.
So you need to connect the ws2811 leds to advatek +Ve to +Ve, data to data and ground (-ve) to ground, I'm suspecting you have one or more of your wires wrong. I'd open the controller and check what colours they've used for which pins, but if that 4 cable wire is from the controller then I'd expect
black = ground
red = +ve
yellow data and white clock (or vis versa)

Attachments

• pinouts.png
    pinouts.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 4

Zuseleets

Full time elf
@CDI.083 if you have time, jump on to the zoom meeting. There is always someone who is willing to help. If no one knows how to configure the pixlite, pm me and I will jump onto zoom with you and step you through it. The more you can understand about your display, the smoother things go ;)

Zuseleets

Full time elf
If you can also find configuration guide on the advatek site, it will help you get a better understanding of the controller you purchased. I inserted the link for the user manual in a earlier reply on this thread, but there is also the config guide, too.

Julie

New elf

Hi I have a plug and play and finding it impossible to buy nodes with a 4 pin pigtail a well. Can you let me know if you were able to buy an adapter or only outcome is rewiring . That is not an option for me sadly.

CDI.083

New elf
Hi I have a plug and play and finding it impossible to buy nodes with a 4 pin pigtail a well. Can you let me know if you were able to buy an adapter or only outcome is rewiring . That is not an option for me sadly.
Hi Julie, I bought the advatek system as this is my first year using pixels. Advatek sell pigtail kits to which you can solder 3 wires to your pixels. I'm doing that for this year. I also just purchased a Falcon controller and will be using XConnect pigtails on my new pixel strings.

Is there a reason you can't rewire?

Julie

New elf
Hi Julie, I bought the advatek system as this is my first year using pixels. Advatek sell pigtail kits to which you can solder 3 wires to your pixels. I'm doing that for this year. I also just purchased a Falcon controller and will be using XConnect pigtails on my new pixel strings.

Is there a reason you can't rewire?
Hi CDI
Thanks for that only reason have never rewired anything before a retired female determined to master xmas lights I have mastered tap washers, light globes, even built a garden shed so a few how too videos will have me as an electrician in no time :)

Slam

New elf
Hi All,
So first year, first time. Got a Pixlite 16mk2 P&P and lights so far with a falcon F16v3 on it's way as well. Created a sequence and when I got to Upload out put I get "Ädvatek Output Upload Failed. Unable to connect" Nothing fancy just me stuffing around learning XLights

I'm sure it's something simple but beyond me at the moment. I've googled searched & read everything I can. I have a green IP light, my IP matches obviously. I do think it's to do with my Advanced control settings in the advatek assistant. But I can't see what. Everything here talks about channel ends etc. I have it set as 150 pixels on the string, so 450 channels.

Please help a newb :) ?
I have the same problem but worked around it by using the "Bulk Controller Upload" item in the Tools menu. Works perfectly for the 2 Pixlite Mk2s I have just bought.