xlights to trigger relay

christophe

New elf
Hi guys, i need your advice please. I would like to know whether it is possible to tell xlights to trigger relays to turn my speakers on/off. I want to be able to program the music to play at different speakers (probably 5) depending on the lights on my display.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
You could use any controller that has a DC output to control the relays. You'll need a diode (1N4007) across each relay coil with the cathode (banded end) going towards the +ve side.

What controllers do you currently have? If one has a DMX output, a DMX to relay board will do. If pixel output only, on of the pixel to DC boards from Hanson Electronics will work.

christophe

New elf
Thank you for your help guys. I have a falcon f16 and a 10ch dc relay with dmx input. I am confused to what i need to put on xlights so that it can send a signal to trigger the relays. I understand that it will be dmx, but what exactly.
Thanks

burnt

Full time elf
i would use the dmx effect, have you setup dmx relay as a model yet ?

christophe

New elf
i would use the dmx effect, have you setup dmx relay as a model yet ?
yes i did. It is only 5 dots with dmx protocol right? and then i did address them to the respective output relay board. but now I am confused with the on/off command to trigger the relays.

burnt

Full time elf
in the dmx effect 255 = on and 0 =off,, if u set channel 1 to 255 it will turn on the first relay.. if set correctly