Xlights will not start up anymore 2024_14 and 15

ejwind

Christmas Lights Zwolle
2 weeks ago xlights was just working fine, with latest version. If I try to start it now, the startup screen appears for 5 seconds and disappears again.2024_14 and 15. Removed it and did install again, but still the same starting screen and than nothing. Please help!o_O I deleted some files, but in my opinion not related to Xlights.

Attachments

• xlights.jpg
    xlights.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2
Try repairing your installs for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 since xLights needs that to function to my understanding.

Hmm, that doesn't leave much to go on.

Ideas:

What Indi said
Try wiping settings... run xLights with the /w switch. `"c:\Program Files\xLights\Xlights.exe"` /w or similar and start again
Get the prior version download and install that and see if it still runs
Get a Mac (JK, obviously I meant Linux :D)
Ask / report in github

I also saw an entry that mentioned video driver updates.
"2024-09-17 20:57:13,774 17028 log_base [INFO] If xLights crashes after this log message then the root cause is almost always a problem between OpenGL and their video drivers.
We recommend they download the latest drivers from their card provider ... not from their operating system provider."

Thank you both, I will try to delete the Microsoft Visual C++ 20xx ( I have 10 in total for different years, I do not know if this is normal?) I also will download previeous version of Xlights and try and update the carddrivers. (I allready lost my dutch Library with phonemes that actually worked :( Just now that I wanted to contribute to xlights, it stops. Let's delete ans re install some stuff and fingers crossed!

I deleted the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 versions, deleted (again) Xlights 2024.15. Reinstalled 2024.14. Now the comp asked for reboot and voila!!! It works again!! Thank you both for our expertise! Unfortunatly the user dictionary and phoneme mapping are gone but that's my fault for not backing them up. Thanks again!

Hi, I had the same issue. See image below I had multiple versions of the same C++. Removed them all, reinstall and all ok.
I saw this on the Xlights forum too. I had never registered on it. I wanted to solve a persons problem so I registered but my account has been pending admin approval for a month now. If anyone is a member on xlights forum would pay to repost here:
https://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php?topic=8297.0

Screenshot_2024-08-24_101738.png

I
Hi, I had the same issue. See image below I had multiple versions of the same C++. Removed them all, reinstall and all ok.
I saw this on the Xlights forum too. I had never registered on it. I wanted to solve a persons problem so I registered but my account has been pending admin approval for a month now. If anyone is a member on xlights forum would pay to repost here:
https://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php?topic=8297.0

View attachment 27105
It seems I also have an account there, I linked the post above to this post, I hope in doing so, I do not violate any forum rules...

I deleted the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 versions, deleted (again) Xlights 2024.15. Reinstalled 2024.14. Now the comp asked for reboot and voila!!! It works again!! Thank you both for our expertise! Unfortunatly the user dictionary and phoneme mapping are gone but that's my fault for not backing them up. Thanks again!
Glad to hear you were able to get it resolved easily!

Back