xlights with stage/club dmx lights

Gilrock

Full time elf
Well since you guys are interested in the dmx stuff I thought I'd share this hear. Next release will have a new DMX model that initially has support for moving heads. I did this work the last 2 days. Here's a couple animations that show how the model is represented on the layout screen. Initially I've created a top view and a side view of the head and either view has an indicator that helps you know what the other axis (pan and tilt) are doing.

GIF showing the side and top views.
http://giphy.com/gifs/3oEjHU5v2GeDfC48rS

This was the first demo so it didn't have the extra indicators yet.
http://giphy.com/gifs/xlights-xT8qBmmz1jpvWHuCje

logandc99

Dedicated elf
That's amazing Gil. Thanks so much for doing this. I was thinking I would have to sequence realtime connected to the heads to see if what I was sequencing was doing what I wanted but now there will be an actual representation in the sequencer in xlights. Fantastic. Can't wait to try this out in the new version when I get back from holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilrock

Full time elf
I checked in one more enhancement last night. It's always seem painful to me to put the color on my DMX moving head. I've always thought it easiest to create a second model mapped to the color channels to use for sequencing the color but then you need two models for every head. So what I did was made the On and Colorwash effects smarter so that they look at the model they are on and if it's a DMX model they run code that figures out which channels you've assigned to the red, green, and blue and then maps the colors to those channels.

Now some DMX devices use a single channel for color and I haven't figured out if I can utilize that yet. It doesn't look like any of them are standard. I think the option for those type of channels could only be solved by a lookup table that provides the channel value needed to best represent any color you drop on the device.