xSchedule Audio cutting out

WF_24

New elf
I run my show from a windows 11 using xSchedule, and when my computer screen turns off the audio for my show also stops playing. This never happened to me before, and I've ran shows on this same computer. I plug an FM transmitter into the headphone port of my computer for the audio.

Any ideas? I've since set my computer to never go to sleep, but it technically shouldn't ever sleep with xSchedule on. The interesting part is the lights keep going, just the audio cut outs.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Is your monitor HDMI? If so, often they have an inbuilt sound device
What could be happening is when the monitor goes to sleep it removes the sound device, and re-orders your sound cards, causing the problem.

Try hard-coding the audio device in Tools-> Options at the bottom of the screen.

Wayne1

Apprentice elf
Mines stops running, maybe it's a home edition of windows thing.

I have mine switch to never go to sleep and the screen brightness turned down to 10%, but my biggest issue is heat.

WF_24

New elf
Is your monitor HDMI? If so, often they have an inbuilt sound device
What could be happening is when the monitor goes to sleep it removes the sound device, and re-orders your sound cards, causing the problem.

Try hard-coding the audio device in Tools-> Options at the bottom of the screen.
Do you mean the Windows Tools, or xSchedule tools?

I also noticed my xSchedule closes when the computer falls asleep. I usually leave it open 24/7 so it turns my lights on (worked through Halloween), but the app is now closing when the computer falls asleep. Also, xLights usually prevents the computer from actually sleeping, so maybe an issue with xLights?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
XSchedule menus. But it might not be in tools, I was going off memory. There's an Options item in one of the menus there for configuring xSchedule

I'm that same Option dialog is the setting to prevent the PC going to sleep.

WF_24

New elf
I think this is what you are referring to, but I don't see the sleep option.

2023-11-27_181943.png

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Middle fourth one down, Keep Screen On. already checked... I forgot the exact name but it appears your already good in that regard

Is this a laptop or desktop?

WF_24

New elf
I'm on a desktop. I just reset all the settings to "never" sleep for Windows 11 and it worked!

Last edited: