xSchedule hates my 40FPS sequences.

Akareaper

New elf
Laptop to router, router to my first F16V3, then from there to my second F16V3. Both have an expansion card. The sequences set at 20FPS run ok. I get the turtle only when changing songs. When my 40FPS sequences run, I get the turtle about every other second. I did run through Keith's video already. It's an older laptop, but already optimized, no anti-virus (not connected to internet, nor is it wifi enabled.) no screen saver, no power saver, stripped down bare so no tasks running. Like I said, it's just the 40FPS sequences, and you can tell in the display it's a little jumpy when it happens, especially on my MT (16x50, 800 nodes, 4 ports) and Matrix (32X64, 2,048 nodes, 8 ports).

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
You are likely to get better results and potentially fix your problem if you go direct from the router rather than looping through the F16.

Akareaper

New elf
Thanks for the reply. Doesn't seem to be a lot of support for xschedule, most likely going to make a jump to FPP and a Pi. I just can't figure out why it only does it on the 40 FPS sequences. I may try going from laptop to switch, switch to falcons, but at one point I gotta stop throwing money at it if it does not work right.

tooms

12v4life
How is the performance of the laptop when running 40 FPS, if you open task manager what is the CPU & Memory usage like?

Akareaper

New elf
Just under 7,000 pixels total. I'll have to check laptop CPU and memory usage tomorrow, it's late and I promised my neighbors set times as not to interfere too much. I actually wish there was a PC stick built just for this application. Like a Pi, but windows based. I'll check the specs on CPU and memory, let you know.

Cranzy

Full time elf
Might not be the laptop itself but the network between the laptop and the controller.

Akareaper

New elf
OK, so memory and CPU use is not an issue. I barely hit 50 percent on both. What I do see is, maxing 100 percent on wifi. My laptop connects to the router via wifi, then router to controllers. This router is not connected to the internet as it's dedicated for show use only. So, I need to figure out how to connect my laptop to the router with an ethernet cable. I thought I could just plug-n-play but did not work.