Yet another Tennessee, USA Boy

dariansdad

New elf
Hi all, my name is Ron Boyd and I live in Knoxville, TN, USA. A couple of weeks ago I finished my first season using LOR lighting equipment. My 2011 display consisted of about 7000 lights (~ 45% LED) and 32 channels.
2012 prep is well underway. I rebuilt my mega tree, constructed a spiral tree frame and a Marty Fan. My mini trees will be different also. I plan on just adding 2000 more lights this year and another 48 channels, but the display will be 100% LEDs.
This has been a very fun hobby to get into and I look forward to continuing as long as I can afford it or it is no longer fun. I know my display pales in comparison to some I’ve seen on the web, but the people I spoke with either while they were watching or later came up to me and said they stopped by, always had a smile on their face and said it was a great show and fun to watch. That’s what it’s all about after all.
Looking forward to speaking to you folks and I wish you all a joyous new year.
Ron

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, it looks like you have caught CLAP (Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem) which is very hard disease to get rid of, but your amonst other sufferers here so feel free to ask any questions

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL Ron.
Always room for one more lighting nut over here, Glad you could join us.

Bird

LOR user
17.gif

to ACL Ron

You are in good company here.
Lots of friendly people, usually (most always) active chat, lots of info in the forums and Wiki.

2nd year LOR user here and just a tad north of you in Cincinnati.

dropbear_luke

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL,
Hope you enjoy yourself here, there are more than plenty of well educated CLAP members, ready to help when you need it.
Luke 8)