The ACL Strobe is a small 12.5mm x 19mm board. It has been designed to use a choice of LED's (1W, 1/2W or 3x3mm).
There are also 3 configuration choices when building this board:
- Build as a two wire basic channel controlled constant current LED.
- Build as a three wire device that has low trigger current from say a buffer driver (2-3mA required).
- Build as 2 or 3 wire plus the addition of a PIC to provide random firing of LED like a real strobe.
See the PDF for programming instructions.
- Revision 1.0
Step 1: Prepare board.
Get the board.
Step 2: Solder resistors onto the board
- Solder the required resistors on to the circuit board.
- Place and solder the one required current selecting resistor on the strobe board.
- : 33ohms for 30mA or 6.98ohms for 100mA or 2.1ohms for 300mA.
- Place and solder to 100k resistor used for the PIC (if required).
- Place and solder 2x 1k resistors used for the transistor (if required).
Step 3: Solder the NUD4001 onto the strobe board.
Carefully place and solder the NUD4001 into place.
Step 4: Solder the PIC onto the strobe board.
Carefully place and solder the PIC into place.
Please note this is not required for build options 1 and 2.
Step 5: Solder the transistor into the strobe board.
Fit and solder the transistor into the strobe board and trim.
Please note this is not required for build option 1.
Step 6: Solder the LED into the strobe board.
Fit and solder the selected LED into the strobe board careful to use correct orientation.
Step 7: Program the strobe pattern.
A variety of strobe flashing patterns are available to give a random flashing effect.
Step 8: Solder the flying leads to the board.
Finally solder the leads that you have decided to use to the board.
Placing the trigger wire into either the random or permanent on position.
Mouser Part Number Qty Description 660-RK73H2BTTD33R0F ** 1 Thick Film Resistors - SMD 1/4watts 33ohms 1% - used for normal 20mA LED's 660-RK73H2BTTD6R98F ** 1 Thick Film Resistors - SMD 1/4watts 6.98ohms 1% - used for 100mA LED 660-RK73H2BTTD2R00F ** 1 Thick Film Resistors - SMD 1/4watts 2ohms 1% - used for 350mA LED 660-RK73H2BTTD1001F 2 Thick Film Resistors - SMD 1/4watts 1Kohms 1% - used with Transistor 290-100K-RC 1 Thick Film Resistors - SMD 1/8WATT 100KOHMS 1% - used with transistor 863-NUD4001DR2G 1 LED Drivers MI 60V LED DRVR TR - required to drive the LED 579-PIC10F200T-I/OT 1 Microcontrollers (MCU) .375kBF 16RM 4I/O - small PIC to provide standalone usage 863-P2N2222AG 1 Bipolar Small Signal 600mA 75V NPN - used to provide on-off triggering
note. ** Only one of the three type of resistor is required for each board. Pick the resistor which suits the led you are planing on using.
TPR1 Mouser BOM, this can used with Mouser BOM Import.
660-RK73H2BTTD33R0F | 1
660-RK73H2BTTD6R98F | 1
660-RK73H2BTTD2R00F | 1
660-RK73H2BTTD1001F | 2
290-100K-RC | 1
863-NUD4001DR2G | 1
579-PIC10F200T-I/OT | 1
863-P2N2222AG | 1
- 1x PCB, code TPR1 from http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/
- 1x LED of your choice from your favourite LED seller, a 1W led will be the brightest but have the largest current draw.
For most configurations 5vdc power will be required.
[category]Category:Strobes[/category]Categories: Strobes pages
This page has been seen 46 times.
- Created byLast updated by