Some handy links for those into programming PIC micro-controllers. You can use MPLAB or the dedicated programmer application to program PIC chips.
- Dev Tools The last version before MPLAB-X is 8.92
Programming Example 1
This example is when you have an assembler file and are using a PicKit3 with a ZIF socket adapter board.
- Start MPLAB
- Open the assembler file you want to compile and program
- Select chip type: Configure > Select Device
- Select programmer: Programmer > Select Programmer > PicKit3
- Go into Programmer > Settings > Power, set the voltage to 5V (PicKit3 only) and enable it
- Make any changes to the assembler file (options, etc)
- Make sure the assembler file window is focused
- Compile to hex: Project > Quickbuild xxx.asm
- Program the chip: Programmer > Program
Here's the list of chips supported by the PicKit 2 ICSP programmer:
Some newer families of PIC chips may require an updated device file:
- PICkit™ 3 Standalone Programmer Application v1.00
- PICkit™ 3 Standalone Programmer Application
- PICkit™ 3 Programmer To-Go Function
This page has been seen 66 times.
- Created byLast updated by