- Ohms Law
- Series vs Parallel
- Full-wave Rectifier Explanation Shows how it works.
- EEVblog David Jones' video blog - lots of tutorials and interesting stuff.
- Hexadecimal Numbers Explains how the hexadecimal (hex for short) number system works.
- Phase Control Explains how phase control is used to dim AC lights.
- Volts Amps Watts Very Simple Power Calculator.
- Using a transistor as a switch Tutorial
- using a MOSFET as a switch Tutorial
- LED Series Resistors
- Voltage Dividers (Doctronics UK)
- Soldering made easy
- Soldering 101 (Sparkfun)
- Soldering SMD (Sparkfun)
- Surface Mount Soldering 101 (CuriousInventor)
- SMD Removal using a ChipQuik kit
- Professional SMT Soldering: Hand Soldering Techniques
- Soldering wires together
- Soldering wires together - interleaved method
- Soldering wires together - butt method
- Soldering components on PCB
- Electronic Components
- Resistor Colour Codes
- SMD Component Markings
- Wire Sizes
- Connector Pinouts
- Connector Types
- PCB trace width calculator
- Battery Life Calculator
- Parallel Resistance Calculator
Measurement & Tools
- Using a multimeter (Doctronics UK)
- How to use a multimeter (wikiHow)
- Using an oscilloscope (Doctronics UK)
- Basic 1X and 10X Oscilloscope Probe Tutorial
- Logic Probe Basics (WISC Online)
- Tools required for DIY
Hello Christmas Expo attendees, welcome to AusChristmasLighting!
Download your copy of the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual (free account required)
Introduce yourself and tell us about your display plans