The TigerDMX48 controller accepts DMX input and drives 48 DC channels.
- Product Version
- Soldering Required
The TigerDMX48 is no longer available.
The article remains for information and support of existing TigerDMX48 owners.
- Dual DC input (12V - 55V) (large screw terminals)
- 2x 30A 3AG fuses (30A overall max per 24 channels)
- 48 DC outputs (2.5A max per channel)
- Upgradeable firmware (via ICSP header)
DC InputThe large 4 way green connector is the DC input from your power supply. Each side (24 channels) of the TigerDMX48 can use a separate power supply, or you can feed both sides from one common power supply. Separate wiring (back to the power supply) for both sides is recommended to minimise voltage drop. The V+ terminals are positive and the V- terminals are negative.
FusesEach side of the TigerDMX48 has a 30 Amp 3AG fuse installed at shipping time. For greater protection, you can replace them with lower value types if the maximum current draw from that side will be significantly less than 30 Amps.
Channel OutputsThere are 48 channel outputs; 24 per side. Each side can be run at the same, or a different supply voltage.
The maximum load per channel is 2.5 Amps, but remember that the overall limit per side is 30 Amps. This means that you can't turn on all 24 outputs of a side with the maximum load. In reality, this should not be a problem as most loads will be less than 2.5 Amps.
DMX InputThere are two RJ45 connectors for DMX input / through. They are wired in parallel so it makes no difference which one is used as input. The RJ45 pinout is per the ESTA standard.
TerminationThe termination ("TERM") jumper is next to one of the RJ45 sockets. Leave this jumper on (terminated) if the board is the last (or only) one in the wiring chain (only one socket used). Remove it (unterminated) if the board is in the middle of the wiring chain (both sockets used).
LEDsThere are several small LEDs towards one end of the PCB.
The power LED will be on steady whenever power is applied to the TigerDMX48.
The DMX LED flashes once for each DMX packet received.
Start ChannelWhen you receive your TigerDMX48, it will be set to DMX start channel 1. That is, it will respond to channels 1 to 48. To change the start address perform the following procedure:
- Connect a DMX source that you can set channels 1 to a specific level (0..255, not percentage)
- Set DMX channel 1 to value 1..255 to specify the new DMX start address
- Press and hold the small button on the TigerDMX48 for 5-10 seconds
- Release the small button when the Set DMX OK LED comes on
- The new DMX start address is then stored in the EEPROM
RelatedCategories: TigerDMX pages
This page has been seen 191 times.
- Created byLast updated by