F16v5 Smart Receiver setup in Xlights.

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
Greetings, how do I configure a Falcon SmartReceiver in the current version of Xlights? This is my first time trying this with the F16v5 and the current version of Xlights.

I believe when I setup my f48, there was a smart receiver selector in the Controller Connection area of the Layout tab.

Thanks!

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
It should be exactly the same, right click the prop in visualiser, and set it to smart receiver A-F, however you'll need to do it on the ports that are available for smart receivers on the F16v5 (ie 17+, not 1-16, the local ports)
Or set it on the prop in the controller section.

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
Thanks I see that. How do "receivers A-F" in xlights correlate to the 4 smart receiver ports on the V5?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
No, that corresponds to the Smart Receiver in the chain.
The concepts are the same - the F48 would have pixel ports 1-4 on the first 8p8c socket, pixel ports 5-8 on the second. Then the outputs in the receivers become say 1A/2A/3A/4A on the first chained receiver and 1B/2B/3B/4B on the second chained receiver connected to the first outlet on the F48. (Based on the mode dial on the receiver).
In the case of the F16v5, pixel port 1-16 are the 16 outputs on the board, 17-20 is the first 8p8c socket, 21-24 is the second, 25-28 is the third and 29-32 is the fourth socket.

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
Ok, gotcha that makes sense. Most of the receiver boards I purchased are 4-port... But how does the SRx4 (which has 16 ports) get configured?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
They are like having 4 smart receivers chained. You set the first letter in the chain and it follows with the remaining three.

So if you set it to B, the first set of four ports are are B, second lot C, third D and fourth E.
With the with three numbers 17-20 etc coming from the output on the F16 you connect it to

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
Thanks. I'll experiment with this now. You can only set the letters in Controllers > Visualize, correct?

How many smart receivers can be connected to one V5?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
24.....4 chains of 6. Keeping mind that an SRx2 and SRx4 count as two and 4 receivers respectively.

Also, this does not change the pixel count. At 40fps, you're still limited to the 700 pixels per port, which is shared across all the receivers in a chain.

So for example, port 17, which could be made up of 17A,17B,17C,17D,17E and 17F receivers can have a total of 700px across all 6 physical outputs.
You can only set the letters in Controllers > Visualize, correct?
It can be set in visualiser or on the prop by steing the port and smart receiver. Which is ultimately all visualiser does, you drag the prop onto a port and set the receiver letter and it updates the prop appropriately.