Saturday, Jun 1, 2024 Sunday, Jun 2, 2024
Registration deadline
Sunday, May 26, 2024
Maximum guests
Username Guest count Note
Skymaster Skymaster 1
K Kent 1
B B4IGO 1
BoganofDun BoganofDun 1 Spoiler content hidden.
JohnsRdChristmas JohnsRdChristmas 1
jjay jjay 1
B buts 1 Spoiler content hidden.
BradsXmasLights BradsXmasLights 1
Slam Slam 1 Spoiler content hidden.
A ake367 1
r_sol r_sol 1
Bernie_H Bernie_H 1 Spoiler content hidden.
greg58 greg58 1
David Hayes David Hayes 1
AAH AAH 1 Spoiler content hidden.
S Starry 1
Ben F Ben F 1
6 66Col 1 Spoiler content hidden.
S SleighRider 1 Spoiler content hidden.
mshort mshort 1 Spoiler content hidden.
S Strait City 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Noel Richards Noel Richards 1
Phillhutcho Phillhutcho 1
terrysw terrysw 1 Spoiler content hidden.
RAMJET RAMJET 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Jaali Jaali 1
I i13 1
Daniel1973 Daniel1973 1

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Just so folks pencil it into their diary we are 90% certain the Sydney mini in 2024 will be at Woolworths on June 1/2. Plenty of time for you to put in the diary and say you are already booked when one of your kids say they plan on getting married that weekend.
======

Skymaster Ninja Edit for First Post:

An update on the Sydney Mini. We are 100% locked in again with Woolworths for Saturday/Sunday 1st/2nd June.

This year we are looking at running an optional build session, utilising a new product (not yet to market) which we have tentatively called "Project X".
We are still working out the commercials, however the plan is to have everyone who decides to participate to be able to walk away with a working, standalone prop that they built themselves.
The session will include the build & assembly, minor electronics and software required to make it happen.
This is definitely targeted towards those brand new into realm of Holiday Lighting, however we aim to make it just as interesting for those who have been around for some time as well. More details on this to come.

In addition to this part, there will be the usual plenary and breakout sessions as per previous years.

TIMESATURDAY TOPICSSUNDAY TOPICS
9:00 AMWelcome & Group PhotoMoving Head Changes in xLights
9:30 AMMy first year ++
10:00 AMIntegrating Classic Lighting & Pixel ShowsFalcon v5 Product Demos
10:30 AMProject X IntroductionROUND TABLE ROUND 2
11:00 AMProject X Build Session ++
11:30 AM ++How do you keep your show fresh / unique / yours?
12:00 PM ++ ++
12:30 PMLUNCHLUNCH
1:00 PM ++ ++
1:30 PMDoor Prizes
2:00 PMHierarchical Show Folders
2:30 PMAudio - Broadcasting and Push to listen
3:00 PMROUND TABLE ROUND 1
3:30 PM ++
4:00 PMCrazy prop wiring & modelling in xLights
4:30 PMTwinkly / ArtNet2Twinkly
7:00 PMDinner

Round Tables
ROUND 1SATURDAY
TABLE 1Advanced FPP
TABLE 2Wiring Types & Wire Connector Shootout
TABLE 3Seed pixels - Connecting, Splicing, Mounting Techniques, Other interesting features
TABLE 4Soldering Basics
ROUND 2SUNDAY
TABLE 1Tools Required
TABLE 2Powering your show - Distribution, Injection, etc
TABLE 3Signal Analysis + Cable Effects/Efficiency
TABLE 4TBA

As usual, we are looking for presenters for the above topics, or suggestions to any other topics that may be of interest. You don't need to be an expert on them, just be able to say a few words; we are all here to help each other. Joint presentations are also welcome.
Please get in touch with Skymaster or on this thread if you are willing to give presenting a go!

Cost this year has increased due to our catering cost - it will be $50 per head, which will include lunches and morning tea both days, afternoon tea on Saturday and all coffee/drinks.

We are still working on the costing for the Build Project that is being done, this will be dependent on the number of registrations due to the requirement of getting bulk discounts on parts etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iain

Full time elf
We were talking about a potential Darwin mini coinciding with the Sydney mini so we could zoom in to your talks…

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
We were talking about a potential Darwin mini coinciding with the Sydney mini so we could zoom in to your talks…
Ah, that would involve us setting up some form of cameras and technology which hasn't been considered for the last 2 years....

Naturally the Sydney Mini is not constrained to Sydney people, we would more than welcome you in person :)

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi everyone,

An update on the Sydney Mini. We are 100% locked in again with Woolworths for Saturday/Sunday 1st/2nd June.

We had a good planning session last Friday night and came up with a few ideas for topics etc.

This year we are looking at running an optional build session, utilising a new product (not yet to market) which we have tentatively called "Project X".
We are still working out the commercials, however the plan is to have everyone who decides to participate to be able to walk away with a working, standalone prop that they built themselves.
The session will include the build & assembly, minor electronics and software required to make it happen.
This is definitely targeted towards those brand new into realm of Holiday Lighting, however we aim to make it just as interesting for those who have been around for some time as well. More details on this to come.

In addition to this part, there will be the usual plenary and breakout sessions as per previous years.

TIMESATURDAY TOPICSSUNDAY TOPICS
9:00 AMWelcome & Group PhotoMoving Head Changes in xLights
9:30 AMMy first year ++
10:00 AMIntegrating Classic Lighting & Pixel ShowsFalcon v5 Product Demos
10:30 AMProject X IntroductionROUND TABLE ROUND 2
11:00 AMProject X Build Session ++
11:30 AM ++How do you keep your show fresh / unique / yours?
12:00 PM ++ ++
12:30 PMLUNCHLUNCH
1:00 PM ++ ++
1:30 PMDoor Prizes
2:00 PMHierarchical Show Folders
2:30 PMAudio - Broadcasting and Push to listen
3:00 PMROUND TABLE ROUND 1
3:30 PM ++
4:00 PMCrazy prop wiring & modelling in xLights
4:30 PMTwinkly / ArtNet2Twinkly
7:00 PMDinner

Round Tables
ROUND 1SATURDAY
TABLE 1Advanced FPP
TABLE 2Wiring Types & Wire Connector Shootout
TABLE 3Seed pixels - Connecting, Splicing, Mounting Techniques, Other interesting features
TABLE 4Soldering Basics
ROUND 2SUNDAY
TABLE 1Tools Required
TABLE 2Powering your show - Distribution, Injection, etc
TABLE 3Signal Analysis + Cable Effects/Efficiency
TABLE 4TBA

As usual, we are looking for presenters for the above topics, or suggestions to any other topics that may be of interest. You don't need to be an expert on them, just be able to say a few words; we are all here to help each other. Joint presentations are also welcome.

Please get in touch with me directly; I am planning on running a second planning session in around two weeks to finalise the details.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
I'm planning to make my annual trek from Brisbane again this.

I can do a pointless presentation about what Synchronized lights were like 20+ years ago when I first started. How times have changed!

DOS parallel port control, switching AC incandescent lights, manually sequencing channel on/off to make a 'chaser' pattern. Pixels arrived in early 2010. Ah the days when they made fairy lights with 4 actual physical channels for each colour :D

Has it been decided what Hotel everyone is staying at?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
That could be an interesting one @BradsXmasLights ! I'll be holding another planning session later next week at this rate which will have us finalise the details; and if we need a pres on that, will definitely hit you up :)

I live 10 minutes from the Venue, so I'm staying at my house, no idea about anyone else ;)

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi everyone, I've opened up RSVPs for the event.

Cost this year has increased due to our catering cost - it will be $50 per head, which will include lunches and morning tea both days, afternoon tea on Saturday and all coffee/drinks.

We are still working on the costing for the Project that is being done, this will be dependent on the number of registrations due to the requirement of getting bulk discounts on parts etc.