Jaali Jaali 1
abundy abundy 1
Skymaster Skymaster 1
AAH AAH 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Katekate Katekate 1
Snicko Snicko 1
N nagyOUT 1 Spoiler content hidden.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
**14th April update**

Registration is now open for the 2024 Melbourne Mini!! Please click the green RSVP button above to confirm attending.
Date: Sat 29th & Sun 30th of June 2024
Location: Sandringham College Theatre, Holloway Rd, Sandringham
Times: 9am-5.30pm both days
Cost: $40 per person (covers both days of lunches, drinks & snacks)
Payments: Via Paypal with the below link required prior to entry. Please note keep this on Family & Friends option as current set to default.
Please let us know your ACL & real name in the comments before sending, so we know who you are!
Dietary Requirements: Please make this known to us during your registration above, via a PM or in a post on this thread so we can ensure everyone is covered.

============================================================
While there is still a bit of activity on the forums currently before many go into blinky hibernation for a few months, we'd like to annouce that the Melbourne Mini is planning to be back bigger and better than ever for 2024.
We anticipate the same venue, Sandringham College Theatre will be available to us again for the first weekend of the middle school holidays, Sat 29th & Sun 30th June. We will of course advise here should this change.

So for those that are closer to the borders or interstate and want to come on down and see how the southerners do it, we'd love to see you! Mark your diaries and book that annual leave so you dont miss out.

Dates and further details will be confirmed in this thread in the near future.

Last edited:

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
A quick update to confirm that YES the Melboune Mini has confirmed the venue (Sandringham College Theatre) for Sat 29th & Sun 30th June (first weekend of VIC school holidays) so for those interested interstate (or in the state) mark your calendars or book some leave and we hope to see you there.
The RSVPs will be created in a few weeks so check back later but in the meantime, if you'd like to offer some assistance by way of organisation or a topic to present then please let us know.

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
We are going to have a planning session on zoom for the mini on Friday 5th of April.

If you're interested in contributing some ideas or helping out in any way - please come along to that.

Friday 5th April
8:00 PM

(If you can't make it but have ideas you want to share - feel free to put some suggestion in here or reach out to me)

Reactions: AAH

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I was scheduled to do 2 sessions last year. These are getting close to actually being done so I'd be happy to try again this year. I had a couple of powerpoints on the go and was just going to wing it for the balance. Mikey's council battle took up the time for 1 of these sessions and there was no way I was going to interrupt that. I wish that that session had been recorded as it's a great cautionary tale about your display getting too popular for a location.
The topics were
2023_Melbourne mini_Electronics faultfinding
2023_Melbourne mini_Electronics Hour of Power(injection)

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
We will try and make sure we stay on time this year - and make sure that your sessions actually happen :)

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
Just a thread bump and a reminder we have the planning session tomorrow evening. Would love to see you there.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Convinced the Mrs that we need a family weekend in Melb so she can see her sister and the girls can see their aunt and cousin.
Interestingly, it is the SAME weekend as the mini.... :)
Guess I'll be coming, assuming we get the dog sitting sorted out!

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi everyone, RSVP is now open and the first post has been updated with further details.
Please RSVP and make payment via the provided link at your soonest convenience.

We have collated feedback from last years attendees on topics to cover for this year, but if you're new or have a new topic you'd like to hear or even present yourself, we still have some spaces to fill across the weekend so please let us know in this thread, and we look forward to collaborating on a great event designed to cater to everyone's skill levels, regardless if you've just joined the hobby or have a few seasons under the belt.

ewanh

what goes here?
Do you allow people who haven't put up a display for 3 years, lurked on the FB group, not posted in the forum for 2 years, can't actually remember where there sequences are stored (lost the USB) and want to make a fresh start attend?

I made a discovery on the weekend. Despite my house being 100m back from the (country) road and not having put lights up since we moved 'cos I didn't think you'd see them, that you can in fact see twinkle lights from that distance when you are in the country and there are no street lights.. so obviously I have begun planning in my head.
Given the age of some of my strings and controllers, I'm thinking I might need to start over. Is there an appetite for selling older controllers or strings at the mini to fund future plans?

I started the conversation at work today - opened the eyes of a colleague who may have already joined this evening.....

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Do you allow people who haven't put up a display for 3 years, lurked on the FB group, not posted in the forum for 2 years, can't actually remember where there sequences are stored (lost the USB) and want to make a fresh start attend?
That's sounds like there are some awesome old war tales in there. Everyone is welcome to minis!!