10mm heat shrink

Goldie

New elf
Anybody Know where i can get 10mm heat shrink cheap, i want to waterproof my led strings but its going to take around 2 meters for each string, which is around $5.00 from Jaycar per string ouch.
i have over 100 strings to do

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The best type of heat shrink to get is the dual wall heatshrink which has glue inside that ensures a complete water tight seal. It also has a shrink ratio of 3-1 which is better than the normal 2-1 heat shrink. The link below is what i used for most of my stuff and the quality was excellent. Still pricey at $4.70/m for 9.5mm (cheap for this type of heat shrink) but a guanteed water tight seal. The shipping is cheaper with combined shipping

http://stores.ebay.com.au/YESDEAL888/_i.html?_fsub=13613997

Goldie

New elf
Really need clear any length will do, futurlec look the cheapest so far. i'm putting silicone between the wire and the led wrap, then putting the heat shrink over that, the heat melts the silicone, and the heat wrap squashes the silicone in to all the nook and crannies, no the jopint is waterproof, takes a lot of time though.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Goldie said:
Really need clear any length will do, futurlec look the cheapest so far. i'm putting silicone between the wire and the led wrap, then putting the heat shrink over that, the heat melts the silicone, and the heat wrap squashes the silicone in to all the nook and crannies, no the jopint is waterproof, takes a lot of time though.

I actually was ablet to get clear from this supplier as well, i used 19mm clear for all my strips, worked very well for sealing ends and for joins. The method you speak of works well as ive done the same thing with my heat shrink that didnt have the glue

He also sells the tube without the glue for around $6.50 for a 5 metre bundle, I would ask him if they can supply you the clear tube.