10w rgb flood modification

Befuddled

New elf
I've searched the forum for posts on modifying a generic chinese flood for use with a J1Sys pixel controller, but no dice. I've got 1 rgb flood which I pulled apart. The unit has a power supply and a controller board for the remote, IR input, RGB out to the 5050, the power supply feeds the remote board. I'd like to know what is needed to control the led with a J1Sys. Will I need to remove anything, or can the J1Sys be wired somehow into the controller board in place of the original remote lead? The plan is to incorporate 8 rgb floods next year....along with various other CLAP....whatever that is! I don't have a grasp of the Aussie. 2013 project, so take your time!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL Befuddled.
You could control the lights via either dmx or via a pixel stream. Both will require some modification. The cheap Chinese 3 channel boards may be suitable to control them via dmx and I am reasonably sure that David_AVD has a pixel-dimmer board. I think that http://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/APC749 is it. There may be others but i'm sure David will let you know.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
You'd be best off just buying the ($25) 10W RGB flood that has DMX input. You'll still need to get DMX out of the PC via a USB-DMX or E1.31-DMX interface.