2.5mtr Christmas tree

Time2see

New elf
Hi guys
New to this as I have decided to ramp up my Christmas decorations on the canal.
Looking at making a 2.5mtr tall addressable Christmas tree using the seed pixels on Alibaba.
I wanted it to be 360 degrees but have no idea on how many strands it would take to accomplish this?
Would you use the 12v or 5 v ones as well?
Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Mine's ~3m (plus 0.5m star): https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/marks-seed-pixel-mega-tree-smaller-and-cheaper.15280/

Current versions of seed pixels have thin wire. I would suggest using fishing line or braided stainless steel wire from base ring to top ring, and attach the seed pixels to that.

12v vs 5v is personal preference.
12v is probably going to be easier since there would be less power injection, these seed pixels need a lot of power injection because of how thin their wires are.

Just like a mega tree with bullet nodes, strip, etc; number of pixels per strand and number of strands is personal preference.
For reference; my tree is 5cm spacing, 80 pixels per strand and 30 strands.

Time2see

New elf
Mine's ~3m (plus 0.5m star): https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/marks-seed-pixel-mega-tree-smaller-and-cheaper.15280/

Current versions of seed pixels have thin wire. I would suggest using fishing line or braided stainless steel wire from base ring to top ring, and attach the seed pixels to that.

12v vs 5v is personal preference.
12v is probably going to be easier since there would be less power injection, these seed pixels need a lot of power injection because of how thin their wires are.

Just like a mega tree with bullet nodes, strip, etc; number of pixels per strand and number of strands is personal preference.
For reference; my tree is 5cm spacing, 80 pixels per strand and 30 strands.
Thanks Mark. How tall is your tree?