2 wire - Polarity Reversing Lights

Juddge

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
ok, so im struggling with these

if i have them selected as one colour in xlights as 1 string, 1 colour - red or green - i can get them to fully turn on
but with the either dmx or ws2811 to dc2-24/30
when i setup just one sting, i can get it work
however to seti it up as 2 strings for reverseing for switching
i need to change between red and green
if i set them up as superstrings, in xlights i get them to function, Red - 1 side of lights, Green - other side, and if i choose whiste, both work together

now the issue is when setting them up as 2 colour super string it assigns channels 1-4
2 channels per colour
however the DC2-24/30 - will use red as and green on outputs 1-2
but it assigns outputs 1-4 = which means that every 2 sets of channels is working as 1 in xlights,
so cables 1 and 2 which go into ports 1-2, 3-4 all copy each other when displaying outputting from xlights
- can i set RGB nodes with RG only ?
if anyone else uses the DC2-24/30 either dmx or ws2811 - how do you operate yours ?

i was hoping that the ws2811->DC board would allow me to specify nodes so i could just send a colour to the node - and only red and green would light up the channel, but that appears to also take channel 3 into its mix as well - as it auto assigns 4 channels for RBGW

I set all my strings that run through DC2 controllers, as single strings. Each string had it's own colour assigned.

The roof is all done using pixel strings, but set to String type: single colour and then the colour of my chosing (in this case, red, orange, white and white)

yvQhRAj.png

My lights are fire crackers and curtain lights
When you select red - one set of colours turns on
, when you select green the alternate set of colours turns on
And if you select white - they both turn on
I was hoping to be able to use them how the controller is designed - channel one polarity , cause one string of the controller to turn on , polarity the opposite direction and the other string lights up
But to do that I need red and green for each , but assigning that , adds 4 channels

I can get it to work the way I want , but it limits the channels , as I have to have channels 1-4 as the first light , then 5-8 as the next , so I’m losing 50% of the capacity

If I use the DC2 in classic mode it operates all 24 outputs as if it’s one large 8 way controller , I wanted to be able to turn each circuit on and off seperatly , and switch layers in the curtains the same way classic mode does

I'm struggling to see what you are trying to say with the 1-4 and 5-8 channels part. Do you have multiple strings attached to the controller? A single 2 wire string of lights should use only one output i.e output 1&2 or 3&4 or 4&5 not 1-4 and 5-8

ah, waterfall / curtain lights, I don't think they can be driven in the way you are thinking, or as easily. I believe they have one positive and 3 negative wires that switch in/out (or at least the ones I have do) to make the falling effect.

No the dc I have is DC2-24 - and it’s positive and negative 1-2 - and when you select the other colour / it goes negative positive to 1-2 which activates the other colour

They are 2 wire with reverse polarity that the DC2 controllers from Hanson control -

Attachments

• IMG_5146.png
    IMG_5146.png
    487.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5145.png
    IMG_5145.png
    667 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5144.png
    IMG_5144.png
    896.9 KB · Views: 8
Not the standard DC controllers that have + ,1,2,3 outputs that are just on or off

It’s power into the board and the DMX or the WS2811 decodes and turn the outputs on 1 polarity then reverse for the other section

Attachments

• IMG_5154.jpeg
    IMG_5154.jpeg
    925.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5153.jpeg
    IMG_5153.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Sorry .im
Not working it up 4 ports ,
X lights assigns 4 channels to the model
If I select 2 colours so I can turn both sections of each channel
On -
Which means - channels 1–2 and 3-4 are used by Xlights , so when I selected red on the model - both channels 1-2 and 3-4 are turning into red
Then select green and both channels 1-2 and 3-4 are reversing polarity and using the other part of the string
But it’s meant to be channel 1-2 as 1
Channel 3-4 as another

But it seems I’m lumped to Channels 1-4 as one group on the physical unit because xlights is automatically assigning 4 channels , 2 channels per colour

Back